cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for a month , poor customer service and no ETA still

SAKAUK
Dabbler

No broadband for a month , poor customer service and no ETA still

I have been with plusnet for about 8 years and had no problems, however it all started to go wrong when i asked for house move. Plusnet promised i have ample time when i placed the order and promised to have everything ready by 26th June, now its 29th July and yet no broadband. The phone line was installed with 2 weeks delay but since the phone is actvated broadband is just a flick of a switch? To this day i havent been provided a reasonable answer or an ETA even.
It seems Plusnet is not the plusnet i used to know, i expected reasonable help from customer service but unfortunately this is now well over my patience limits. Everytime i call customer service (after waiting 15-60 minutes at times) i was told very funny answers like "oh your order didnot go through, lt me put it through again and it will be 5-7 days" or its a supplier fault let me send them email or similar.
It seems i have to call to query so plusnet discovers things. I am not happy and now looking for other providers... Good honest broadband probably true after you got the broadband but it seems the path to that is just quite appalling and dishonest ....
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: No broadband for a month , poor customer service and no ETA still

The issue will undoubtedly be down to BTw/Openretch, but if you live in one of the areas listed in http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1406132089.htm that might be the reason, and moving to another provider would be subject to the same delays as Openretch have to do any jumpering at the exchange to connect your broadband (and/or move your phone service).
Edit: just a thought - it might be worth logging into the member centre and checking your account details and see if it is correctly showing your new address (in full with correct postcode) and the correct phone number.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi SAKAUK,
Thanks for getting in touch with us about this and I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with getting the broadband service up and running at your new address.
I'm taking a look into this for you now to see whats happened and attempt to get this up and running for you as soon as possible. So far I can see that our supplier cancelled the order around 4 days after we placed it however the notes surrounding this seem to be a little sparse so I'm going to need to contact them direct to find out what happened and where we go from here.
I'll be sure to update you here as well as on a support ticket on your account as soon as I have some details on what's happening. Please accept our apologies for the delay.
UPDATE
I have now managed to get to the route of the issue which was a mix up on our suppliers side with the phone order which caused the initial broadband order to fail. I have now rectified this issue for you and managed to get the new broadband order placed. Full details of this can be found here on your support ticket.
SAKAUK
Dabbler

Ok Thanks, however i am sitll keeping fingers crossed as this is a repetition of what happened twice so far. I called and plusnet say order rejected and placing order again with ETA 5-7 days from that day. Same thing happened now obviously, for the third time. Lets see if you can stick to the word. The phone line was working since the moment BT engineer visited - on 15/07/2014
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi SAKAUK,
Thanks for getting back to us on this one. From the looks of the order on the suppler system, it was completed in the records which caused the main bulk of the issue and ended up with the rejection in the broadband order so now we've been in touch with them direct and had confirmation it's been cleared we should be fine.
I'll keep your account up and open and check in on the order for you every day or so. If pick up on anything then I'll get straight back in touch with you about it however there doesn't appear to be any signs of a problem at the moment.
SAKAUK
Dabbler

As predicted we are in the never ending circle for the third time ; the order got rejected and and the usual  7 day reschedule has been placed. New
ETA 14/082014. In my mind this is very unprofessional and whole episode is simply so silly. I mean you can play this games forever but i am at the loosing end as i am the one without the broadband.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The trouble with this sort of issue is that BTw have their "procedures". It strikes me that this should be "escalated" and dealt with as a priority.
Edit: missed out the word 'be'  Embarrassed
SAKAUK
Dabbler

Too true. "The procedures" and the software runs our lives these days. The BT engineer told me my cabinet is actually wired with fiber optic but in the system its not updated to reflect that. I should watch "The Net" movie again.  Roll_eyes