cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband as plusnet have taken over from plusnet??

roisin19
Dabbler

No broadband as plusnet have taken over from plusnet??

On the 13th of November I ordered plusnet unlimited fibre and a phoneline with line saver. Within an hour the phone line was active.
On the 18th of November I received an email saying “Sorry you are leaving us”, so I phoned up (with 25 minutes on hold) to query this and state that I had no intention of leaving as my broadband hadn’t even been installed yet. See question #77378252,  [mremoved] said it appeared that plusnet had a request to take over the line from plusnet, but he supposedly cancelled the order.
The BT engineer installed the fibre line on Wednesday the 27th of November and this was working fine.
On Friday the 29th of November I received a phone call from another BT engineer asking if I was expecting installation. I told him I had an install 2 days previously and that was the last I heard from BT.
At lunch time on Monday the 2nd of December we lost broadband connection. After another long time on hold I spoke to [mremoved] (Question #78022287) who transferred me to another department which I now believed had been closed at the time (it was after 9pm); after waiting yet another 30 minutes on hold I gave up.
On Wednesday the 3rd of December I phoned up and spoke to [mremoved] (Question #78032378), who confirmed that there was in fact 2 orders placed (for reasons unknown to me, I only placed 1), and BT saw there was already a line connected (which they connected only the week before) and changed the line over. [mremoved] said this would be taken up with BT but could be up to 7 working days to get fixed.
About 30 mins later I received a text and voicemail stating there was an active broadband connection on my phone line and I should turn off the router, wait and turn it back on (Question #78033769). I did this, however this is still no connection. The DSL light on the BT modem is still not on.
For obvious reasons I am annoyed at this, especially as I appear to be paying for a service which I am unable to use. Not to mention the probably 4 hours now I have spent on hold trying to get something fixed which is not my fault. I am trying posting on here as I don't have another 45 minutes to wait to explain all of this for a 5th time. Though I must say all of the staff I have spoken to have been very friendly and have tried to help.

Note, the home phone number appears to have changed (Question #78032369) and the BT reference numbers appear to have changed, see question #77902527. See also Question #77883457 and Question #78028270
jim:csa
30 REPLIES 30
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No broadband as plusnet have taken over from plusnet??

Hi there,
Really sorry for any confusion with this.
Having checked I can see that the fibre service was installed along with the line on the 29th.
Even though a ticket relating to a cease order is listed on the account that's from the 2 days prior to the install so I can see how that may have confused the agent you spoke with yesterday (as noted on ticket 78022287).
Unfortunately it just looks like a fault with the service which is affecting you at present. I'd recommend raising this using our online checker which can be found at http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Adam, I think you're missing an s off faults in the URL.  It should be http://faults.plus.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Well spotted, edited accordingly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Unfortunately it just looks like a fault with the service which is affecting you at present. I'd recommend raising this using our online checker which can be found at http://faults.plus.net

Adam,
From a user perspective this looks like a botched install.  Do BTw / BTOR records show this user's line is active and assigned to PN?  Surely something having gone so seriously wrong within 2 days of installation - coupled with clear confusion in correspondence and communications from BTOR - should be dealt with by some means other than a run-of-the-mill fault report?
If the install has indeed been 'pulled' is this a good case for asking BTOR for a free expedited install?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Townman,
As the order for the installation has been closed it's not viewed as a provisioning issue so we'll need to deal with this via the faults process.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Adam / Kelly,
A good issue for your new CEO's item list?
A bodged up install should not be treated as a new fault requiring resolution via the BTw / BTOR  faults processes - BT* need to OWN a seamless service provision model.  If it breaks within some threshold (say 72 hours) it should be treated as a failed installation - especially given the many issues seen on the forums from CONTRACTOR delivered installs.

roisin19
Dabbler

Thanks for the prompt response Adam Smiley
I have went through the online fault checker, but the ticket it raised just said there were issues with the fault checker. It didn't seem to give me a clear answer whether this is an issue affecting the area or only me (due to the aforementioned issues). Maybe I just misread it.
Thanks for the input Townman, though I feel I should be fair and point it I did have it up and running for more than 2 days (It was 6), and was very happy with the speed etc.
To me the issue seems to have arisen way back when I made the order, somehow there were 2 placed? And despite me phoning up to say I didn't want to leave this doesn't seem to have been communicated to BT, or maybe just through PN departments? Either way that might be something to look into or it could result in PN losing customers who don't actually want to go!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Townman,
It would be something that BTW would need to change about their processes rather than for ourselves to look at. It isn't idea but It's honestly not something we see happen that frequently, however we'd be pushing for a change if this became a far more prevalent issue.
@roisin19
Thanks for raising that and sorry again for any confusion, some feedback has been passed on to the agent who seem to believe that the line had been ceased. Given the presence of that ticket and the loss of service it's understandable, however IMHO they should have checked on our suppliers systems to see if an actual cease order had been raised.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
roisin19
Dabbler

Well I'm still without internet. Could someone from PN please confirm if this is due to the issue I've been having or a fault in the area? I still have an unanswered ticket 78044613 which says at the end "Broadband Troubleshooter error
There's been a problem with our automated troubleshooting process.
Don't worry, our Faults Team will investigate it and be in touch. We'll aim to contact you within 24 hours."
That was 24 hours ago and I've heard nothing.
If this is still the original issue and I have to wait a bit longer (as I was told in ticket 78032378) then that's fine. I'm just a bit confused why after I was told 5-7 days working days I was told half an hour later that there is actually broadband already active on the line (question 78033769) when I can't use this.
This whole situation is just full of confusion, communication breakdowns and very pleasant staff who seem to want to help but give conflicting information. All I would like to know is when will I have a connection again and are plusnet going to refund me for the days I've been without service?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that's still an issue. It does seem to be a fault relating to your service in particular rather than a general fault in your area.
We aim to respond to faults within 72 hours, however I'm going to see if I can get our faults team to pick this up today for you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
roisin19
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your reply. I thought as much, but just wanted to double check.
When you say PN aim to respond to faults within 72 hours is this a fault the customer reports via phone or via your online broadband troubleshooter? If the latter could this be made clearer as it does say 24 hours is the aim? Just a thought Smiley
Thanks for trying to chase this up for me. I've just noticed that in your original post you said "Having checked I can see that the fibre service was installed along with the line on the 29th." I think this is what's causing the problems as I had working broadband on the 27th. Looks like the 29th was when BT tried to install a (unnecessary) new line, but I didn't lose service until the 2nd. None of these dates seem to tie in to me so I'm finding it hard to see where the fault came from. I'm also concerned that I have been told that my line is actually connected (78033769), does this mean PN have given up trying to fix it as they think its fine?
Roisin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

does this mean PN have given up trying to fix it as they think its fine?

Not at all, one of my colleagues on the faults team has picked this up and has dropped a reply on the ticket for you. It's in good hands with them and I hope to see that resolved soon.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
roisin19
Dabbler

Thanks Adam.
Though perhaps you can explain why it now appears that my phone has been cancelled? (Service Notice #179040452)
Also it now seems I need an engineer to visit, why was I not told this on Monday when I phoned to report the issue? If a BT engineer can come and fix it (which I'm doubtful of tbh) then surely if I was told by the CSA on Monday I could have it fixed by now.
There are still a few unanswered questions too:
Are PN going to refund me for the days I've been without service?
When you say PN aim to respond to faults within 72 hours is this a fault the customer reports via phone or via your online broadband troubleshooter? (just out of curiosity)
Why do your records say my fibre line was installed on the 29th when the BTOR engineer installed it (and it was working) on the 27th?
I hope to see this resolved soon too, and apologies for using this forum to vent my frustration...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Quote from: roisin19
Though perhaps you can explain why it now appears that my phone has been cancelled? (Service Notice #179040452)

Your phone line hasn't been cancelled, we need to correct your phone product on our systems as it isn't showing correctly which kicked the Service Notice out to you.
Also it now seems I need an engineer to visit, why was I not told this on Monday when I phoned to report the issue? If a BT engineer can come and fix it (which I'm doubtful of tbh) then surely if I was told by the CSA on Monday I could have it fixed by now.

We have to report this to our suppliers when your service isn't working, we then await their response after inital testing as we can't book an engineer until prompted. If you can give us your availabiltity on your fault ticket we can get that arranged straight away.
Are PN going to refund me for the days I've been without service?

Yes
When you say PN aim to respond to faults within 72 hours is this a fault the customer reports via phone or via your online broadband troubleshooter? (just out of curiosity)

For both, we aim to answer as quickly as possible either way.
Why do your records say my fibre line was installed on the 29th when the BTOR engineer installed it (and it was working) on the 27th?

I've checked and it's showing that your line was activated on the 27th.
I hope to see this resolved soon too, and apologies for using this forum to vent my frustration...

Me too! Also no need to apologise.