cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband 16 days. 2 engineer no shows

Woodside

No broadband 16 days. 2 engineer no shows

Plusnet is the worst I have ever experienced.
I have had no internet or phone line for well over 2 weeks.
Stayed at home two mornings for an engineer and no show both times.
No one has the courtesy to phone or anything, all I keep getting told is I will have to pay £50 if engineer makes a visit and cannot get in !!!!!!!!!!!  Or it is my faultY equipment. -  only have PLUSNET router !!!!!!!
Angry Angry Sad

PLUSNET ARE YOU FOR REAL.  SHOCKING SERVICE.  YOU ARE STILL ABLE TO TAKE DIRECT DEBITS ON TIME THOUGH !!!!!!
14 REPLIES 14
roberto2212
Grafter

Re: No broadband 16 days. 2 engineer no shows

same like me...Im waited two month for connection...If you have still chance than cancel this isp...highly not recommended...bad support,bad speed !!!!!1
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

I have told plusnet that if an engineer fails to show up I will send them a bill or expect a refund on mine for £50.
Seems fair to me.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Minivanman
I have told plusnet that if an engineer fails to show up I will send them a bill or expect a refund on mine for £50.

good luck with that
Minivanman
Legend

Thanks for your 'support'.
Can you please stop giving it? Undecided

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Charles101
Grafter

I suspect partly it is OpenReach not having enough engineers and not really informing anyone about what is going on. PlusNet should be doing better at communicating what is going on, but they also seem to be giving up on the good service they used to have. Why not report this to the ombudsman-services.org communications part. It's really the only thing which can start to force a change.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Woodside
I'm really sorry to hear about this.
Regarding the second instance of the engineer failing to arrive I can see the booking was made correctly but an issue with our supplier's systems prevented it from dispatching an engineer as intended.
I've spoken to our faults team and have made sure this is being worked on right now so we'll get back to you about a new appointment shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AlaricAdair
Champion

Adam, Are you saying that OpenReach's computer system does not tell PlusNet what date has been assigned for a visit by the engineers?  If it does PN could surely have a mechanism to highlight appointment failures on the part of OpenReach.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

The way that Adam's explanation reads is that Plusnet booked the appointment, BTOR's system confirmed a date, which was recorded by Plusnet and thereafter BTOR failed o assign an engineer to attend said appointment.
BTOR really are a bunch of cowboys, which sadly no-one seems able to whip into shape or report to Ofcoma (deliberate spelling error) for their inaction.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
AlaricAdair
Champion

I wonder what the marginal cost of doing it "Right First Time on Time" would be to BT Openreach, in fact long term they'd probably save money.  BT almost had OpenReach taken away from its control in the Ofcom review. Now I'm a shareholder of BT I feel the urge to question these repeated failures.  The reputation damage is substantial.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Openreach fails to turn up to 1,000 appointments every week, Ms Mears said. "When we get it wrong, we repeat the problem by missing appointments. We repeat the problem due to systems, process, ways of working - it could be a multitude of issues," she said.

How shocking that the woman in charge of Openreach does not KNOW what is wrong and the best she can do before a parliamentary committee is speculate on what could be the problem.  Well here is a starter for 10, you are the wrong leader for this business, so resign now!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@Townman - I watched the "highlights" of that grilling open mouthed - Resign ? She should have been sacked on the spot for gross incompetence. In my former life, I can't imagine turning up at a meeting with a senior director and coming up with guff like that. Grin
AlaricAdair
Champion

Give her a bit of time, she's only just taken the job over from the previous guy.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

What do you mean give her time?  She has been in post since 2008 and is the person responsible for managing the fibre rollout.  Therefore she's in charge of the no-show engineers.  She ought to KNOW what the issues ARE and be preventing them, not flapping around pontificating on what they COULD be.  Not fit for purpose.
https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/aboutus/ourorganisation/ourexecutiveteam/kimmears.do