cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Direct Debit Refund, no reply from accounts , but Account is cancelled!

stoswald
Grafter

No Direct Debit Refund, no reply from accounts , but Account is cancelled!

Dear Plusnet.
I am disgusted at the way you have treated me as a customer since I chose to leave Plusnet because of constant drops in download speed every evening for months on end.
I get informed,early in May, that I am owed 67p and transfer to my new ISP was on the 28th May.  You then call my payment for the following month (29 May to 28 June).  This was so wrong & you acknowledge this fact in the forum, but fail to act on the release of the question on 8 June, letting the account automatically get cancelled on 12th June.
I am giving you notice that I intend to make a formal complaint to seek full and immediate refund of the direct debit payment and seek compensation for lack of respect.  If necessary I will report this incident to OfCom and request that they complete a full review of the accountancy practices at Plusnet.
yours
A rather annoyed StOswald.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No Direct Debit Refund, no reply from accounts , but Account is cancelled!

Hi,
I'm really sorry for the problems you've had cancelling your account. I've taken a look over and can see that we'd already submitted a refund earlier on in the day yesterday for the incorrect amount taken. However as it's a direct debit refund it's not an immediate return, it does take 7-10 working days to come back to you. From what I can tell this is the process we advised you of on the 2nd June, so hopefully it wasn't a surprise.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stoswald
Grafter

Re: No Direct Debit Refund, no reply from accounts , but Account is cancelled!

Chris
It is usual to receive an email telling me that the refund has been processed and the amount the refund will be.  just saying, I haven't no wonder I'm not happy!