cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Cashback...terrible customer service. Complete scam..

alexglyde

No Cashback...terrible customer service. Complete scam..

So plusnet will do you proud...What a joke! Disgraceful comtomer service. I signed up with Plusnet on the £75 cashback offer on the 10th August. My service was transferred on the 23rd August and my money had already been taken. I was told 10 days after my service was up I would get an e mail to click on a link to get my cashback! 10 days later...no email . Phone up, hang on for 30+ minutes and speak to a man named Hardeep who tells me that the email wasn't sent and he will raise it with the billing team and to wait 5 days for a resolution.7days pass and I call back, again waiting 30 minutes. I speak to another person who says she will contact Hardeep and find out what happened. So she contacts him while I'm on the phone and he comes back to her and says marketing have told him that my cheque will be with me in 14 days! This was on 6th September. Needless to say 14 days later my cheque had not arrived. So I call back on the 26th September and get a very helpful man called Martin who starts to look into this and says my cheque has not been sent out as the initial person had not followed the proper procedure. I never received any e mail confirmation about my cheque being sent or any other a mail from plusnet. He promised me a call back when he had an answer from the billing team the next day but I never heard from him.

I have just phoned again thismorning and spoken to yet another person after hanging on 32mins and this person just repeated the same phrases telling me my cashback will be with me within 14 days. I said i was told that week's ago and could I speak to her manager and she said her manager would tell me the same thing!! I asked for confirmation that me cheque had been sent out and she said no she couldnt give me any guarantees

This is completely disgracefull for a company to offer cashback with a product and then have customers chasing months after to receive it. I will not be recommending plus net to anyone else, infact I will warn them to stay well clear and I will be cancelling as soon as my contract is up. I am also writing a letter to Ofcom about this company. Seems like a complete scam to me. They have your address and bank details so why is it so difficult to send customers what was promised????
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No Cashback...terrible customer service. Complete scam..

Apologies for the delay in receiving your cashback.

I've followed this up and can see that our marketing team have confirmed that a cheque is being arranged and will arrive within 3 weeks of the 12th September. We'd expect this to arrive by the 3rd October based on these timescales.

Once again apologies for the delay and hopefully your cheque arrives asap.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alexglyde

I have still not received my cashback after the date promised. I was told 3 weeks ago my cheque had been issued and would be with me before the 3rd Oct. I now hear that there is a New date of the 20th sept that my cheque was issued and it will now be 14 days from then! This is a joke as no doubt it will not be with me by then either. I have been calling about this issue and complaining since the beginning of Sept and my cheque should be with me by now. I never received the e mail I should have received which is Plusnets mistake and when I have called I have just been fobbed off with different dates and false promises. Why is this money not put into my account after all this time? You have customers bank details. I signed up 2mnths ago and this is disgusting service from Plusnet.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@alexglyde wrote:
I have still not received my cashback after the date promised. I was told 3 weeks ago my cheque had been issued and would be with me before the 3rd Oct. I now hear that there is a New date of the 20th sept that my cheque was issued and it will now be 14 days from then!

Chris wrote "We'd expect this to arrive by the 3rd October" not "before the 3rd Oct".

"14 days from 20th September" is 4th of October.

Neither of these dates has yet passed. I agree it's a disgrace that you have been given the run around and given different stories but it is a little early to complain that the latest promises have been broken.

alexglyde

A little early to complain!!!! Are you serious. I was told my cheque was already issued on the 12th Sept and would be with me by Monday 3rd and now im being told it was issued on the 20th! ! So it won't be with me by the 3rd will it????so I'd say it's not to early to complain! The fact I have had to chase this for the last month is terrible and then you send a customer a response like that! Look back at the amount of times I've called about this. There is no reason it should not have been issued until the 20th September when I called many times before that and was told it was issued on the woth.
alexglyde

It's the 10TH October and I have not received the cashback as promised by Plusnet? ????? This is beyond a joke
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

As per my response via Twitter earlier today,

We advised that we would expect the cheque to arrive within 14 working days from 20/09/16. This would have brought us up to yesterday. I'm sorry to hear you have still not received your cheque, however as per my response yesterday: We'll chase up the cashback again and provide an update via your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet