Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No BB for 10 hours and get 2 different reasons

warbleeder
Grafter

No BB for 10 hours and get 2 different reasons

So... Where to start
What's happening with plusnet as it hose atmo you seem to have one problem after another.....
And your customers get different reasons
I was disconnected with everyone es yesterday morning (that's fine I have no issue there)
Then I call about 2pm and was told most people are back online I should not be too far behind... But it seemed someone els was assigned my I.p ( as I'm static)
Then I phone up at 9 to be told that's not true ...I've been disconnected! And its not even the end of my failed billing! After a couple of minutes of arguing with the CSR he re enabled my account and I got back on
So I have 2 questions
1. What happened
2. Am I going to be charged for been disconnected? ...if this is the case I won't be paying it as I should of still been in failed billing
11 REPLIES 11
Cruise85
Grafter

Re: No BB for 10 hours and get 2 different reasons

Hi Warbleeder
Let me apologise again for the outage at the weekend. but I'm glad to see that your connection was established later on that evening. The issue was due to network outage, which unfortunately effected a large number of our customers.
This also occurred however at the same time in which your 14 day grace period was reached, and as such when the connection was established, our systems may have prevented a reconnection.
I can see that this was addressed by our support team and the restrictions have now been removed

warbleeder
Grafter

No matt that's Wong let me say how its for for over the last year
I've been on cheque payment my bill is due on the 17
I've always gone into failed billing on or around the 24th and had 14 days since then
So how come u have sever issues and I'm cut off all earlier than normal...
I don't mind as its a one off but I still dot wanna get slapped with charges as you can feel free to check my billing history and you'll see it confirms what I'm saying
....also mat u never got back to me on the LLU for my sister?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

May I suggest that paying your bills on time when due like the rest of us might eliminate your problems?  "Grace" days are not a right, they are an accommodation which ought not to be abused.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

warbleeder
Grafter

Hows about u know all the facts before u start posting shit like that... Like as plusnet why I am forced to call and pay... Unless I go into failed billing... Why when I try to pay online their system declines my card

May I suggest u get u facts first!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: warbleeder
I've been on cheque payment my bill is due on the 17
I've always gone into failed billing on or around the 24th and had 14 days since then
... and I'm cut off all earlier than normal ...
I don't mind as its a one off but ... check my billing history and you'll see it confirms what I'm saying

Reads like you do this every month - pay by cheque and use up the grace period.  Sorry if "the facts" are wrong, but if that is the case then what you have written is not clear.  You did not indicate that your card does not work with the payment system and consequently have to pay by other means - is it one which PlusNET does not accept?
Direct Debit works a treat and takes a lot of hassle out of life.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

warbleeder
Grafter

Nope visa debit I tried to pay Thursday and it got declined .... Although I can easily prove to plus net I had funds in the bank to cover my bill...
I double check my card details on every single payment before I click pay and I'm sorry but if their system declines my card why is it down to end user to then spend half hour and over in a que to pay a bill that's pluset just refused....
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

What does your card issuer say about the problem?
I added a credit card as backup to DD earlier this year and was contacted by the issuer to say my card had been cancelled and they were issuing a replacement. I don't recall the exact reason, but their system flagged up the "reserved amount" of £1 that is used to validate the card as a "suspicious transaction". I haven't bothered to add a new backup Shocked
Perhaps a PN rep can comment?
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

May be you need to have a chat with your card provider.  If it is a card type the merchant accepts, then the decline at the point of "saying" pay / confirm came from your card provider.  I have worked with online payment systems and can assure you that the merchant's front end simply capture the details, confirm that the 16 digit number is a valid number (passes the check digit calculation) and is a type accepted.  Many merchants do not accept Visa Delta cards.
There after it's up to the card provider - they check if the card number, expiry date, security code and available funds are all OK then approve or decline the transaction.
HTH?

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Townman
Many merchants do not accept Visa Delta cards.

It's in the drop-down list Roll_eyes
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
warbleeder
Grafter

Its visa debit not Delta and I'm contacted my bank a stupid amount of times because of planets system declining it and the bank have no issue with plus net.... They have not blocked payments and 90% of time they don't even receive  a payment request from plusnet....
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

The Visa Debit card used to be called the Visa Delta card prior to 2004.
It can be a bit confusing because there is also a Visa Electron debit card, and a Visa credit card.  Cheesy