Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New website total rubbish

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

New website total rubbish

Finance & email are failing badly - so Plusnet get the kids in to "design" a rubbish web site.

What a waste!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Tags (1)
58 REPLIES 58
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: New website total rubbish

@VileReynard Apart from it being a bit slow, I can't see a major problem. Mind you, I probably visit 'My Account' and associated areas only a couple of times a month.

John
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Is this why my bookmarked page has changed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually like the new design, the icons make it easy to navigate and the information you need is there in front of you.

Having said that I don't think the implementation is 100% complete for example, if you got Phone and select the Recent Calls option I would expect to see, well a list of recent calls, but what actually happens is you get navigated to the Bills and Payments section and evidently not a list of recent calls.

jab1
Legend

@Anonymous I think if you read @JonoH's post in Service Information, he has stated the site is still 'Under construction', so not everything is quite as it should be.

John
jab1
Legend

@Mayfly wrote:

Is this why my bookmarked page has changed?

Probably, although I always go via the 'My Account' link at the top of the page, so didn't notice that.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had read is @jab1 but I would have assumed that what was released was in fact complete otherwise it defeats the purpose of its launch and only leads or shall I say adds to existing customer frustrations.

jab1
Legend

@Anonymous I agree in a way, but having had a short play earlier this morning, I didn't encounter any problems.

As I said before, though, I only visit that part of the site a couple of times a month, if that.

John
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Don't mind the simpler layout, and welcome the contract details (including length of contract) being prominently displayed.

Certainly not got all its other functionality for me at the moment - e.g. clicking on View my Bills gives me an 'empty' drop-down box which means I can't actually get any further (there may well be another way of getting there it but I've not done that much experimentation yet.)

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've only had a brief play with the new Member Centre this morning and as a general comment I believe that it is an improvement.

• The navigation is much improved
  • Some previously 'tricky' bits to find are now more prominent.
  • The usage meter appears to work (though I have noted others are not seeing it)
  • Generally it flows much better.

Yup.  It is a bit sluggish and there are a few bits left to be completed - time will tell, but I'm optimistic that having got the UI better that a lot of the 'old' content is under review for change in the near future.

I must be one of the lucky ones, as billing works fine for me using Win7 and FF 63.0.1 64 bit. It is still slow to load the initial bill but that's not a disaster.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

I'm going to miss the thrill of being on an unmagical mystery tour. A good change so far.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I find the navigation really difficult - the overall look of the site is a bit cheap.

I don't have Plusnet's phone, mobile or TV and have no interest in them - so there's a lot of wasted space.

There is apparently no way of raising a ticket

I am not locked into a contract - so why do Plusnet suggest I might like to pay an extra £2.50/month to sign up to a similar contract!

Very sluggish.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Overall not to bad for me.

But the gripes are

1. Much, much slower than the old interface. Indeed so slow I thought it had given up at times.
  2. Do we really need large photo images of that actor from the ads within the members centre? It just slows page loads down more and eats into the visible screen area. Indeed in the "My Perks" it forces some of the perk options below the screen area.
  3. Broadband usage has now gone to zero. Guess when it was replumbed yesterday something went amiss.
  4. In the Usage page, the right hand box starting "Please note" actually overlaps the first paragraph so obscuring some of that text.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Has anyone worked out how to view an open question1 after the redesign?

One of my referrals is a victim of the new billing system issues.

He has not been billed since August and is justifiably concerned that his services will be cut off, despite contacting PN by phone several times.

Richard

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@RichardB wrote:

Has anyone worked out how to view an open question1 after the redesign?

Yes

First log into the members centre and then paste the URL https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search into the address bar. You must be logged in now as the login act takes you to the home page regardless of your starting URL.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT