cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet and so far not impressed.

MrFraggle
Grafter

New to Plusnet and so far not impressed.

So far.
Engineer was booked for am, arrived 4:30 pm, although he had phoned to let me know of a meeting with PlusNet at one which meant he would be  delayed .
Lost connection and when I eventually got through, half hour wait which seems the norm according to the forums. I was told it was a fault their end. So why can we not get a text message telling us of possible issues instead of spending time checking every connection and setting and then waiting to speak to someone saving me an hour and a half.
Cannot for the life of me find a contact email address.
Nor can I find the 'Make a complaint' page' even though I have tried to follow these instructions?  http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
Whilst in my account page I see there is an issue transferring the phone. First I knew of it.
All this in less than 24 hours. Does not bode well.
9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New to Plusnet and so far not impressed.

Lost connection and when I eventually got through, half hour wait which seems the norm according to the forums. I was told it was a fault their end.

Sorry about this, we had some issues last night that meant anyone who was trying to connect for the first time or had disconnected couldn't get back online. This was resolved overnight and I can see that you're back online.
Cannot for the life of me find a contact email address.

We don't use email for support, we use an online ticket system. That means that any messages you send us, or we send you are automatically added to your account and can be viewed on there. https://contactus.plus.net is where you can find this.
Nor can I find the 'Make a complaint' page' even though I have tried to follow these instructions?  http://www.plus.net/suppo...ts_code_of_practice.shtml

The link to making a complaint is on there, and whilst I appreciate this hasn't been the best start to your service from us I'd be happy to deal with any current issues for you rather than going down a complaint route.
Whilst in my account page I see there is an issue transferring the phone. First I knew of it.

The message isn't something to worry about, that's why we didn't contact you about it. The message is for one of our support staff to replace your phone order as the first attempt failed.
I hope that my response has helped to renew your faith in us and I'll get someone to replace the phone order too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MrFraggle
Grafter

Thanks for partly answering the points I raised.
so PlusNet decided, arbitrarily, that I did not need to be informed about the issue transferring the phone. Yet BT felt it necessary to contact me three times, I thought because I had cancelled my direct debit but now it seems there is an issue that you felt was none of my business.
Perhaps you should make the fact that there is no email contact support on your website/ As it quite clearly states Online, by post or phone with absolute no indication that a ticket need to be raised. Or have I missed something here? https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
No mention why we cannot have text messages when you have issue which would save us wasted time checking everything our end then waiting the obligatory half hour to talk to customer service.
Chris
Legend

Hi again
No mention why we cannot have text messages when you have issue which would save us wasted time checking everything our end then waiting the obligatory half hour to talk to customer service.

I thought I'd answered that, apologies if not (EDIT: ah I had done, but in a different thread)
Honestly, that's because we don't know which customers were affected as there are always customers offline anyway and sending a text message out to several hundred thousand customers could cause addtional concern, therefore increasing the already high call queues at the time even further.
so PlusNet decided, arbitrarily, that I did not need to be informed about the issue transferring the phone.

As mentioned previously, the fact the order was rejected wasn't anything to worry about. We would have (and have) contacted you now that the order has been replaced.
Perhaps you should make the fact that there is no email contact support on your website/ As it quite clearly states Online, by post or phone with absolute no indication that a ticket need to be raised. Or have I missed something here? https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/

On that page there's a message on the right hand side which says: Need Help & Support - Find the help you need or ask a question online.
Sorry that you feel this isn't clear enough.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MrFraggle
Grafter

I have just received yet another call from BT asking me to contact them on Monday and I would be grateful if you did not repeat this nonsense. "As mentioned previously, the fact the order was rejected wasn't anything to worry about. We would have (and have) contacted you now that the order has been replaced." As for one thing I am not 'worried' I am annoyed that PlusNet did not feel it necessary to inform me of the issue. I can think of no reason at all why PlusNet feels that I am not entitled to be informed of any issues with my phone line transference. I have obviously got to make changes to direct debit in regards to BT. But if the transfer does not go ahead or is delayed and I have cancelled the direct debit to them then I will incur unnecessary extra charges. This is why I am entitled to know of any issues and not because I am 'worried'. Not rocket science after all.
Chris
Legend

I completely understand that. Sorry you're annoyed about this, I just wanted to explain that we contact you when we've replaced the order rather than when it initially fails as replacing it contains the information about when it's due to complete.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Find the first line of the original post a bit confusing -the BT Openreach engineer was delayed because he had a meeting with Plusnet ?? Did he drive to Sheffield to discuss some obscure tech. issue -think thats extremely unlikely -just another BS excuse from Openreach for being late !!! Angry
MrFraggle
Grafter

As you seem just to be repeating yourself though changing the wording I do not feel that your explanation is adequate. I will issue a formal complaint.
Thanks for taking the time to respond though.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: MrFraggle
because I had cancelled my direct debit

That was pretty stupid. There's any number of reasons why an order may be delayed starting with all engineers being flat out repairing damage from adverse weather - not unlikely at this time of the year.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyH
Grafter

It also makes it harder to get a refund for any line rental already paid. Normally BT will credit it back via direct debit, but you have to chase them for a cheque and then there's the hassle of having to go to the bank to pay it in.