Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: New tariffs coming in for phone and Call Protect available

No e-mail received here yet.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Nothing yet.  Last year I received an email on 27th July announcing the increase from 1st September, i.e. getting some 35 days notice.

Pooh
Dabbler

No e-mail received yet by me either.

I notice that the price rises are from 29th June BUT the extra free service "Call Protect" is already available to select on the control panel - I selected it yesterday and it is already working.

So, does anybody know on what date the international call cap on Anytime international 300 will be raised from 30 to 60 minutes ?  Has it already been raised ?

A response from a PN spokesman would be most appreciated as I don't want to over run 30 minutes unless I know the call cap has been lifted to 60, and I wont incur charges.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Not funny I know, but "Updates To Our Services" is a bit of a misnomer isn't it? I suppose it has a better ring to it than "Price Increase To Our Services". Sad to think you're paying someone that PlusNet employ to think this stuff up.

Can't you cancel a contract early if the price increases are above the RPI?
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

What a coincedence, as soon as I made my last post, a PlusNet Ad popped up on Facebook with not that many positive comments. Seems their price increases are not just to phones.

I've got my parents in a Fibre contract (had to, as if PlusNet or their "Providers" whom I assume are BT Wholesale) enforce a 1.5 year of contract. So I am getting a bit worried now too.

Still I assume Facebook works by reading cached internet files. So for more answers than you'd get from PlusNet (i.e. greater than zero), post something on these forums and then check Facebook.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Alex wrote:

Can't you cancel a contract early if the price increases are above the RPI?

If the price goes up by 1p you can cancel early!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

I think the question for me is, will we be refunded our line in full should we decide to leave ?

I'm finding the timing of our connection being fixed very suspicious.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You won't get any refund of installation or other initial costs.

If you've taken the LRS option you will get a pro-rata refund for the unused months remaining.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
30FTTC06
Pro

Sorry I'll be a bit more literal, the remaining line rental. As I understand it, that isn't on offer at this time is it ?

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@jelv wrote:
If the price goes up by 1p you can cancel early!

There is only a right to cancel early without penalty if the ISP makes a MATERIAL adverse change to the contract. I don't know exactly the definition of that but would be surprised if 1p per month would amount to such a change.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice-for-businesses/contracts#

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"If you've taken the LRS option you will get a pro-rata refund for the unused months remaining."

Is that a definite, Jelv? I suspect PN would argue that it's not the case?

Unfortunately my LRS and broadband renewal dates are 6 months apart. i.e. LRS due end Dec. this year, broadband minimum term expires May next year.

I have an inkling what PN's input would be but it would be good to hear someting on here to confirm or deny what you say is correct.

I reckon their silence will be deafening on this and speak volumes at the same time!

30FTTC06
Pro

@jelv wrote:

If you've taken the LRS option you will get a pro-rata refund for the unused months remaining.

I can tell you that the last time we moved due to price hikes we were fisted out of 4/5 months of LRS!

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just dropped BT ( who own PlusNet ) after many years because of the third price increase in eighteen months  and had a refund of the remaining  LRS.

It is important that you cancel within thirty days of receiving the notification of the increase and stress that the reason for leaving is the price increase and get ready for the hard sell and special deals to get you to stay but you have to give thirty days notice.

salmo
Rising Star

I wonder if someone that joined PN a few weeks ago and got, or is going to get, money using a cashback site (or PN cashback offer) will still get the cash if they leave because of price rise. Do they have to stay a certain length of time? If not PN may have paid them to have their broadband for a couple of months.

I've not had my notification yet but having looked around I can't find anything much cheaper than I'm paying now for ADSL, anytime calls and caller display having already paid annual line rental. In view of BT now refunding annual line rental pro rata I'm assuming PN will do the same. SSE are cheaper advertising £21-75 but adding caller display (£3,50) makes it dearer. TalkTalk and EE are cheaper if cashback taken into account but I'm wary of TT.