Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tariffs coming in for phone and Call Protect available

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: New tariffs coming in for phone and Call Protect available

Be interesting if PN follows since they have always refused in the past.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If they do try to refuse take it to ADR and it will cost Plusnet more than the amount they'd have to refund.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

My e mail from PN yesterday makes no mention of new LRS cost; perhaps because mine recently lapsed perhaps to give me flexibility to move. Notification e mail should have been comprehensive, as per the press release they issued; why are customers expected to go to
a PN web page for detail or to waste time calling in. Their e mail was 5 pages long but omits too much detail re hikes.
Did others have more detail in their PN Notification?Huh

From media "

• Line Rental Saver is going from £185.88 per year to £197.88.
  • call setup fees, which are going from 19p to 21p
  • call charges for landlines, which are set to increase from 12.54p to 14.65p
  • Call charges for landline to mobile calls will increase from 12.54 pence per minute to 14.65 pence per minute
  • The Anytime, the Plusnet Anytime and the Talk Anytime call plans will increase from £6.50 per month to £7.00 per month
  • We will be introducing a fair usage limit of 150 calls or 1000 minutes a month (whichever is reached first)
    for calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers on all of our call plans which have inclusive 0845 and 0870 calls
    I've omitted the international call & plan costs for sake of brevity.
  • Our early termination charges will change. How much depends on your package, although charges for line rental are increasing from £7.81 to £8.54 a month from the 29th June 2017
Gel
Aspiring Champion

CANCELLATION QUESTION:

Regards the ability to cancel your PN Contract within 30 days of a notified increase, in the current case, as its just a phone increase, would you be able to cancel both phone & associated BB (as I have dual play package as many others will) with no penalty attached to the BB element?? Buck2

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

I received my email today about the £1.00 line rental price rise from June. Have to say, I`m not surprised, but I am disappointed as I`ve only been with PlusNet as a new customer since the 11th of this month and am already seeing an increase (albeit a small one) to my monthly bill. I don`t use the landline or if I do, it`s only for calls I don`t want to make on my mobile incase it cuts out on me. I`m paying £25 a month or unlimited ADSL and line already and now that will go up to £26 a month. I missed out on the £20 a month deal by signing up three days early or this increase may not have been so noticeable. I won`t leave PlusNet on the basis of a £1.00 increase, but after my 12month contract is up, I may need to find a deal I can afford best. I was going to join John Lewis for £22.50p a month and get FREE weekend and evening calls, but chose to join PlusNet. Service and communications have (so far) been great, so I can`t fault that, but I`ve yet to use customer services so can`t comment on that service (yet).

One question I do have though is, why are these so called `contracts` that we agree to not `fixed` for the duration of that contract? Am I to believe it`s a bit like being on a variable gas or electric tariff where prices can go up but not down with broadband/phone? Surely a contract you sign up to at an agreed price should STAY that price? Doesn`t seem that way with broadband/phone providers. I think it should be. You sign up for a pricing plan you can afford and then wham, your hit with about two or three price rises within that duration. Something fishy about that. I don`t see that as a contract. It seems we are signing up for an agreement to allow the provider to change the pricing and allow us to leave/switch within 30 days? Can anyone be bothered with doing that all the time though?

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

It's in the small print - and most ISPs are the same. Also, trying to compare prices is really difficult. It seems to be a race to the bottom to get new customers which is sad.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Well maybe one day we will see in that small print that, `your pricing will remain the same for the duration of your contract`. I don`t see the point in all this price rising if it means good customers might take the hint and leave? It obviously pays dividends or the providers wouldn`t be practicing this. Talk Talk had/has a contract advertised exactly as that. They won`t increase prices for the duration of the full contract, but I think it`s an 18 month contract which I wouldn`t be interested in as I don`t like signing my life away not knowing what the service is going to be like. I also don`t believe in LRS unless you trust the provider or you lose that paid up front money if you choose to switch. Too dodgy for me.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@plusmouse  A £1 increase on £25 is 4%; had you got the £20 offer, the increase would have amounted to 5%.  Did you get a 4% (or 5%) pay increase this year?  If not, you'll be paying PN a larger proportion of your income.

Gel
Aspiring Champion

LRS seems to be the only element that won't get hiked for the duration of that agreement.

My BB would rise (if I cancel phone)  as its subsidised whilst I remain phone customer, so I'm locked in till

August, or lose my subsidy/ aka "Special Offer <Dual Play> Discount"

custos
Aspiring Pro

The current increase will mean that I will paying £36.00 more annually (not including call charges) than I was paying at the start of my contract. Frankly, after well over a decade with Plusnet its going to be difficult to stay.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I wondered why TT was advertising "we wont increase the line rental during your contract" a while back, now I know.
I also feel that when we enter into a LONG contract (18+ months) we should be FIXED for that period, for both.

Now that they are advertising combined prices can they still increase the line rental separately? I.e. if you enter into a contract at £nn/mo for yy months for both surely they can't change it during your current contract?
custos
Aspiring Pro

The small print in all contracts mean that they can increase the price at any time during the contract and that's the same for most ISPs.

custos
Aspiring Pro

I wonder when we will actually be advised officially of these changes and what the are options are? Although it is now fairly common knowledge and being discussed has anyone actually had an email from Plusnet yet as the last time they increased prices I did not get the message until after the date of the changes. They did eventually give me an extension to the time to make a decision but this time I don't want to wait - I want to get it sorted out sooner rather later.

Gel
Aspiring Champion

Bob1
Rising Star

@Gel wrote:

I received e mail last Thursday as I assume others did.

They must be sending them out in batches. Mine hasn't arrived yet (as at Saturday evening).