Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order, lack of communication

danb21t
Dabbler

Re: New order, lack of communication

Hello,
I have had a post installation email regarding my estimated and current line speed. My estimated was an expected 66MB and my currently line speed is actually 48.2MB. Is one of you fine engineers able to tweak my profile to try and bring this inline with my estimate.
Am I able to view my line stats, for CRC errors etc?
Also, I updated the currently running question on Wednesday stating that an engineer was not required today to enable my broadband and the engineer still arrived.
Regards,
Dan
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning danb21t,
Glad to hear that everything is now up and running.
I've just taken a look into at the stats for the line and while I can see the lowest estimate you're due is 60mbps there doesn't appear to be anything holding line back in any way  Undecided
Even running through a full faults check doesn't appear to be picking anything up so first up we would need to check that all is working on your side before we push this through as a possible speed fault. If you could take a look through this article and ensure that the testing under the Speed EPP are checked and carried out. Once you have the details back from the speed testing under the various scenarios we should hopefully be able to spot the problem and rectify it.
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Many thanks for the prompt response, I will take a look through the article when I get home later this evening and update you in due course.
Regards,
Dan
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
I have disconnected the router and connected PPPoE directly from my PC. Here are the 'Further Diagnostics' results from the BT Wholesale site. It would appear that the download profile isn't quite correct.
As previously asked, am I able to check router/modem stats for CRC errors? I am interested if we have a degraded line.
Regards,
Dan

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download Speed
45.26 Mbps

0 Mbps 47.55 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 45.26 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-47.55 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 47.55 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
14.19 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 14.19Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Dan,
Unfortunately the BT modem is locked down so you're unable to get into it and tinker  Undecided
I've just run through some intrusive testing with our supplier on your service (you may have noticed some a couple of drops in connection) and it has returned a possible copper joint fault which they requested we raised to them for investigation.
There should be a support ticket from myself on your account that outlines some of the GEA test details of you would like to see them however we now just need to await an update from our supplier on what they find post investigation.
If you need anything more on this one then just give me a nudge and I'll see what i can chase up.
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Not sure how it has happened but this morning I received a call from BTO, the engineer was in the area to look at my speed issue. Well I was already 25miles away from home at my work place with no one at the property to let him have access.
Plusnet haven't scheduled this visit with me at all. The engineer didn't seem surprised that I hadn't been notified; must be a common occurrence. Again this is a break down of basic communication skills between BTO and yourselves to me!
Kind Regards,
Dan
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dan,
It looks as though the engineer went out to check the network external to your address and found that they needed to test from within your address so that should be why they called. We certainly didn't book anything as we passed it to the wholesaler for further testing and they then despatched the engineer of their own accord and without informing us of this to book an appointment.
We now have the ability to book an engineer though so when would be best for you to allow access to the address? Ideally this would be 3 different days for early next week and would be either an AM (9am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) slot.
Let me know and I'll check the system for you  Wink
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
I have checked with my father and the AM slots are better suited, although realistically after 9am is best. Please let me know the availability of next week based on AM slots and we will agree from there.
Also do you know the outcome of the testing from the cabinet? Assuming testing was fine if an engineer is to test from property to cabinet...
Regards,
Dan
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi danb21t,
Sorry for the delayed response - we're not in over the weekend.
I've had a look at the fault and BT Openreach have passed the fault back to us to say that they believe the fault has been resolved. Can you confirm or deny?
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi Linn,
Surely you can check what my line is connected at currently? And reset the connection to re-establish at a faster rate if necessary.
I can re-run the BT speed tests again if required?
Regards,
Dan
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Of course I can - I was just checking if Openreach had sent another engineer this morning without informing us or yourself (again!) before taking it further!
I've re-tested the line and can see that the speeds are back up to normal and the line is looking clear. I've also escalated the ticket back to you with further information.
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi Linn,
Apologies if my reply came across in a tone that wasn't intended.
To answer, no BT haven't been to site today. I will test and report back.
Regards,
Dan
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, I have now completed another BT Wholesale test. Much of the same really. My upload is awesome but download is still stuck on a 47.8Mbps profile.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 45.6 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis  40 Mbps-47.8 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 47.8 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 14.12Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
I would say this isn't resolved unless the BTOR modem itself needs to be power cycled.
Regards,
Dan
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Dan,
I completely agree, it's nowhere near it should be. Can you please reply back to Ticket: 88281353 and we'll pass this over to our Faults Team for further investigation.
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi,
I haven't had a response to the question. Is there any further progress?
Regards,
Dan