cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New custumer of 4 weeks and i am leaving crapnet!

chazric
Dabbler

New custumer of 4 weeks and i am leaving crapnet!

My god! I decided to support a British company after 9 years of being a Tiscali customer. For the last 2 weeks the broadband service has been appalling!  With very little to zero broadband.  I rang customer service and they tell me that they will charge me £65 for canceling with them.
What the hell is wrong with Plusnet to advertise a service and give a 3rd world performance. God i am so sorry i left Tiscali:(
I will be telling anyone who wants to listen that plusnet are a bunch of amature cowboys, the bastards!!
dick:red avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rules
11 REPLIES 11
DominicM
Grafter

Re: New custumer of 4 weeks and i am leaving crapnet!

I dont know if you have raised Support tickets or their responses, but I have worked through my issues with them , and am now getting nearly double the promised speed before joining, I can understand why you are leaving, but I am glad I have persevered.. we seem to be almost there.. maybe you should give them a chance to fix any issues..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've taken a look at your account but can't see a fault ticket for us to investigate any issues you've got. From the notes on your account you called about disconnections or slow speeds and were advised of some tests to try, have you performed the tests yet? You can find them here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/droppingconnection.shtml
Below is an image of your connection logs, this shows that there are a number of disconnections which are likely to be causing issues with your connection.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
witsend
Grafter

In that case, DominicM, I'd say you were one of the few.
I've been with PlusNet for years (also deciding to support a British company), but dread having to log support calls, as I find the processes to provide a fault resolution are the worst I've had the misfortune to experience... and I work in technical customer support so have a tendancy to know when I'm being fobbed off.
I've persevered and it's cost me significant downtime and money wasted on replacement parts when PlusNet have "assured" me its the "router/telephone/ADSL filter/wiring/fridge or washing machine" (delete as deemed appropriate at the time).
I have the same issue as Chazric, no broadband for over month, and I've had a call open for weeks and seen precious little by way of progress despite multiple, but apparently pointless, "escalations." However, I'm still paying monthly for nothing.
My experience with PlusNet has been that if your service works, keep quiet and keep your finger's crossed it stays that way; because if it fails, it won't get fixed in either a timely or professional manner, and you'll keep paying for nothing.

PS. I get sent these "connection logs" too. They're tantamount to PlusNet saying "Yup, it disconnects regularly, wonder what the problem could be... ?"
endlessnameless
Dabbler

If you are having so much trouble over the years then just leave. I left for the Post Office and noticed speeds increased instantly and I didn't get all the billing issues and 'close to your usage allowance' issues that we got with Plusnet.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Chazric.
                    If you have speed issues, you may as well sort them out with Plusnet. It may take time, but it will be sorted.
I had problems ,almost as soon as I joined, and they did get sorted.  If you have speed issues ,they are probably caused by external issues . These issues will still be there when you switch to a different provider. 
Do the requested tests, and keep asking for help on the forums. You will probably get more direct and quicker help on the forums - but do follow up on the fault ticket.
My problems were resolved with a visit from an engineer who found some loose connections in the BT cabinet 400yds from my house. " 2 squeezes" of a pair of pliers and sorted. A simple solution to a difficult to diagnose problem.
There is light at the end of the tunnel... and it's not always a train hurtling at you at 120Mph.. Smiley
chazric
Dabbler

So i decided to give there service center a try, Mainly because i don't want to be ripped of by there £65 fee to break away, although i will if i have to.
So after they have me removing the front of my telephone socket for some test socket that was not even there. They said they would do tests on the line that would take up to 4 hours to complete them. I was assured that i would have a phone call today to let me know what was going on (but you know when you have that feeling your being fed a line? I had it). Well 32 hours later and no one has contacted me, am i surprised? Not really, i have read the problems other people have had on here.
Don't know what to do next, i feel so [Censored] angry. But they will make sure they access my bank account when its monthly payment time (oh i am on the £20 something a month because of the area i live inRoll_eyes )
So dam sorry i left my last supplier to give the "honest broadband from Yorkshire" a try. LOL i laugh when i see the tv advert now.
So thanks for the response on here, but what now? I just want what i am paying for, its simple.
EDIT: I have just noticed on there website that they have sent me a message. Would have been nice to have been told what to look for, and it was not the phone call i was expecting.
I will keep you informed, though it may take upto 5 days.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Two posts removed - one stirring it and the second retaliating.
Please keep the thread on topic
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi chazric,
Yes, it looks like one of our agents has advised of the tests we need doing before we raise a fault. If you could log in to http://contactus.plus.net and reply as soon as you can to confirm the fault is still ongoing we'll get it investigated straight away for you.
chazric
Dabbler

Heres a quick up date. Today and this evening the broadband is not cutting of now.  However i have never had such dam slow broadband ....ever:(  My sons play both XBox and PS3, GT5 is jumping about on screen very very often (is this called pinging???) And we did a speed test and it registered at 600kps!!! not even a single dam Megabyte. So whats the point of paying for 4-8 MPS or what ever it is because we are not getting it.
I shall send a reply to the link posted above, the problem is far far from over. This is really hard work, but i appreciate the help on this thread. thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi chazric, it looks like your profile has jumped back up to 6000 as of yesterday (after a drop to 750, which was the cause of the slow speeds you've experienced). Have things improved for you since then?
chazric
Dabbler

Yes inded it has matt, my speed has been 5-6mb sinse yesterday, and no pinging with my sons games consols. Thankyou very much for looking into the matter for me. Very please and so far so good, fingers tightly crossed. Thanks again Matt. Chaz