Did you mean: 

New customers are ignored by plusnet

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: New customers are ignored by plusnet

Quote from: Townman
Quote from: Anotherone
As I posted before, make a complaint to OFCOM about Openreach seeming to give preference to other CPs.

Have you done this?

I'm pretty sure that Townman is addressing that question to you Barry. And as I've mentioned many times elsewhere, don't be fobbed off by OFCOM and be told to go back to your ISP, insist on them logging a complaint and get a reference number.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

I was.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barrytfoster
Dabbler

Will do.
Suppose I was hoping that someone at plusnet actually cared about their reputation enough to do something about it. I was wrong.
One of their support people actually told me that people who complain effectively get pushed down the list, so I've backed off for a couple of weeks to see if it makes any difference. It didn't.
Will take it to ofcom, but my previous dealings with them also suggests they don't really care either.
I was also considering raising this with my MP on the basis that UK can't compete on the world stage if the infrastructure is run by money grabbing incompetents. My wife works from home and having broadband is a must for her... There's an election coming up...
Thanks for your help.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Barry,
Go for it...
I am surprised by the statement you were given.  In my experience PlusNET staff do care, they do try hard but they hit brick walls a lot of the time with BTOR.  What many users do not realise is that when dealing with BTOR PlusNET is frequently dealing with an Indian call centre, not UK based staff.
Issues with BTOR are legion.  There is no visibility of ISP CEOs or Ofcom tackling BTOR over the issues.  You are correct, this is not good for the UK and it does need to be brought to the attention of MPs..
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

To be fair, I think a lot of Plusnet staff do care and try their best but are hampered somewhat by the system. However
Quote from: barrytfoster
One of their support people actually told me that people who complain effectively get pushed down the list,

Was this on an occasion when you phoned, roughly how long ago?
It sound to me that such a call should be listened to and a the agent given "feedback" - that wasn't the same one that got defensive was it?. I expect the same agent will have noted something on your ticket so you could refer to it to get more exact information if you need to, but it certainly sounds unacceptable.
OFCOM have never really looked after End User interests effectively or in a timely manner, but maybe that's just because they don't get enough complaints. Seems to me that in that respect, not a lot has changed since the days of OFTEL. I have my views on maybe why, but what I can say in a public arena is different from what I may believe to be true.
Your issue sounds like it's entirely down to incompetent management and planning by Openreach.
Apart from writing to your MP in another thread, writing to one's MEP and also getting the EU Communications Commissioner involved as well has been suggested.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Will do.
Suppose I was hoping that someone at plusnet actually cared about their reputation enough to do something about it. I was wrong.

Hi there,
It goes without saying that's something we all care about, if we didn't, we really shouldn't be here.
Any unacceptable issues we encounter when dealing with Openreach on a day to day basis should be raised to them as individual complaints. Where as this will be something that both customers and Community regulars such as yourselves @Townman and @Anotherone will see little or no evidence of please be assured that this is something we do actively.
Just to give an example without delving into the specifics, I've received feedback on a number of such complaints recently that I've raised personally. In each case I received a breakdown of why the issue occurred and exactly what steps were being taken to avoid the same issues from ocurring again.
One of their support people actually told me that people who complain effectively get pushed down the list, so I've backed off for a couple of weeks to see if it makes any difference. It didn't.

That definitely isn't right, sorry you were advised this. Can you let me know when you were advised this please?
I'm going to chase up the delays on your order now so I'll make sure an update is added to ticket 91925279 shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Well done Adam, more power to your elbow  Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Adam,
That is positive news, but we still see the same BTOR failures being discussed herein, time and again.  They say they are learning lessons, but the evidence is hard to find.
Elsewhere today I responded to a thread where BTOR repeated failure to attend was cited as being caused by insufficient information from PN - I simply do not believe it.  BTOR needs to do much better and with respect, the complaints need to be dealt with at CEO level.  I cannot think of anything more effective in driving improvement than a media headline reading "PlusNET CEO Andy Baker slams BTOR over poor performance..."
Now that would be "honest and straight talking"!
As ever forums largely only ever see pear-shaped fruit and not the perfect apples and oranges.  Maybe the publication of some head line stats might better manage expectations - for example month by month the number of provisions (by type) vs the number of issues raised to BT - also a resolution duration distribution for issues closed in the last month.  One would then have objective measures against which claimed improvement could be assessed.
Kevin

barrytfoster
Dabbler

Meanwhile, I've just had yet another message to say that BTOR need ANOTHER 5 days. I might be interested in discussion about generally improving PN if I ever get connected! Sorry for being pessimistic and I am grateful for your help, but words from PN mean very little at this stage.
When am I going to get *my* line installed?
Also, has a complaint been raised with BTOR concerning my account? Shouldn't there be a priority assigned to those who have been waiting for months?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you (a) contacted OpenReach via http://www.openreach.co.uk/newhomes and (b) contacted BBC WatchDog?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5Nxdwng5qQt2Xds10T1jqhX/bt-openreach
Tell WatchDog if OR don't respond direct to you within the two days.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
barrytfoster
Dabbler

No I haven't. But I will do.
Thanks for your help.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As WatchDog ran the report last week they will probably have a follow up this week, so you need to get in quick.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
barrytfoster
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
Have you (a) contacted OpenReach via http://www.openreach.co.uk/newhomes and (b) contacted BBC WatchDog?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5Nxdwng5qQt2Xds10T1jqhX/bt-openreach
Tell WatchDog if OR don't respond direct to you within the two days.

1) I've escalated my complaint with CEO Andy Baker. So far all that's happened is that I've been told there's another delay of almost 2 weeks - no other answers given. I read somewhere that the CEOs are supposed to be in touch about these issues, but I'm not sure Mr Baker has any real pull over the mighty OpenReach - I get the impression that Plusnet are a bit of a 'poor relation' in the BT clan.
2) I completed the OpenReach form (which was more than 48 hours ago) and so far have not had any response whatsoever.
3) Have just sent a synopsis of my case to BBC Watchdog.
Thanks for your suggestions!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Barry,
Tidy job!  Please do keep us all informed over what happens.  Hopefully someone will now pee ... or get off the pot!
Kevin