cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer waiting 3 weeks and still not connected!

JoPro

New customer waiting 3 weeks and still not connected!

A copy of my email sent Saturday which was immediately returned to me, apparently because Plusnet don't accept emails preferring customers waste hours in a call queue listening to bad 80's music instead. I just want broadband connected - How hard can it be?
Paying less shouldn't mean a compromise in service?!!
Dear customer service,
After being on hold for 50 minutes I have just been told by a member of your IT support team that my scheduled appointment for connection on March 10th is now delayed. The reason was unknown but, IT support tell me vaguely, it has something to do with your suppliers and fingers crossed it might all be sorted soon. IT support also told me the reason I was talking to them and not the customer service team was because during my 50 minutes on hold the customer services department had closed and everyone had gone home.
I'm already bitterly disappointed in Plusnet and I don't even have the service connected yet. On each occasion I have called, my wait time has been over 30 minutes. This appears to be an ongoing issue and while your staff are courteous and polite it must also be frustrating for them never mind me, the hapless customer.
I ordered and paid for Plusnet on February 18th, faithfully believing I would be up and running in a matter of days. I accepted the initial delay due to the fact I require a new line, even though three weeks seemed excessive.  I'm now told there are further delays and as this point in time I really don't know when I'll be connected.  Therefore I think it's more than reasonable to request that my 14 day cooling of period, due to expire March 3rd, is extended for a further two weeks, ending March 17th. That is assuming I'll be fully connected before that date.
I would appreciate a response confirming my request along with a reasonable date for connection. 
Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: New customer waiting 3 weeks and still not connected!

Hi JoPro,
The date you were initially booked in for (near enough 3 weeks from the date of signup) will have been this far away due to engineer availability provided by our suppliers. Unfortunately this is out of our control.
I've had a look over your account and I'm sorry to see there have been problems with your order. Looking through the notes, it appears the issue was on our suppliers systems, the issue had caused them to cancel your order on their side, despite the order still showing an open/ongoing state on our side.
It looks like from the time of us chasing this up with our suppliers this morning, they had got the order fully cancelled off by around 1 hour ago, so technically speaking, we would have now be in a position to replace the orders. As the problem was caused by issues on our suppliers side, it's likely we would have been offered an escalated appointment by our suppliers to avoid/minimize delays. With this in mind, there would have been a decent chance of getting an appointment for the 10th again as we would have escalated appointments made available to us given the cause of the initial order being cancelled.
Having said this, I'm sorry to see you've decided to cancel your account Undecided
All the best moving forward with your new provider.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

JoPro,
The really sad thing here is that you can have no assurance that BT Openreach in your locality can provide the service any faster via a different ISP.
Joe Public needs to learn, get wise and direct their complaints in the right direction - at BT Openreach.  Whilst users have no commercial relationship with BT Openreach, sling enough mud and some will stick.  Inundate your MP and Ofcom with complaints about their poor performance and abysmal communications.  If they do not communicate what is (or in this case is not) happening, how can ISPs keep their customers informed.  Aside from Virgin Media, all ISPs are reliant on BT Openreach for the connection into your home.
@CRT - this might have been mitigated by having an "order has failed to progress in line with expectations" exception report - something I've suggested before.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: Townman
@CRT - this might have been mitigated by having an "order has failed to progress in line with expectations" exception report - something I've suggested before.

While I appreciate what you're saying, a ticket was kicked out on the account and we did call our suppliers within 48 hours of receiving a delay notification on the order.
It was on this call that they told us that they had already cancelled the order on their side and they would need up to 48 hours to correct their systems to send notification through to us. The cancellation notification came through a few hours after this, and when I responded to this thread yesterday we could have proceeded with a new order and a call to our suppliers to book an escalated appointment, if the account was still open.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Harry,
Thanks for the clarification.  The way this read is that the user waited 3 weeks for installation which did not happen, at which point it was found out that the order had been cancelled by BTw sometime previously.
Such a problem profile would not be unlike things seen before with BTw's systems not notifying PlusNet of failed orders ... for a multitude of reasons.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: Townman
Thanks for the clarification.  The way this read is that the user waited 3 weeks for installation which did not happen

Just to clarify further.
The account was signed up on 17/02/16.
Initially we were waiting until 22/02/16 for a pending cease on a line to complete, however when this completed the line never re-appeared as a stopped line for us to restart, therefore a few days later we proceeded with and order to install a new line and waived the installation fee that would usually be required for a new line install. The earliest appointment available to us was 10/03/16.
The account was cancelled 12 days after being signed up and as per my previous post, there was a chance of us getting the same appointment booked back in as an escalated appointment due to the supplier system problems that caused the cancellation.
I do wish this customer all the best with their new provider moving forward though.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Fedupofplusnet

Jo
I am having similar problems. am looking at cancelling and complaining to ofcom. Most shocking customer services I have ever seen. Online chat never works and have given up on the online ticket. Have phoned twice and spent 40 minutes on hold before being cut off. Wish I had read all the dreadful reviews before signing up.