cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, terrible service

renochew

New customer, terrible service

I subscribed to the fibre unlimited service on 9 Feb, the last update about my engieer appointment is on 11 Feb saying:
---------------------
I am placing this on hold for 24 hours while we wait for the speed data to be updated for your now active telephone line. We hope to be able to submit your fibre broadband order within 24 hours.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 and 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 11th February at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - FTTC Provides until this time.
---------------------
They  "hope you can submit my order in 24hrs", but today is 16 Feb, there is no confirmation whether the submiision has been done, no confirmation when exactly the engineer work will happen, no reply to my query on the help assistant page, "get back in touch"? I wait on the line for 40mins, I can touch no one. But they are fast to tell me that my next payment is 10March.
I am thinking to seek cancelling the whole order because I cannot imagine I need to deal with this kind of customer service in the future, anyone has any advice to deal with this kind of situation?
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: New customer, terrible service

I wonder what makes the difference between one new customer's experience and another's?  I had a completely smooth activation all done on exactly the times and dates pre-arranged.  Is the difference more likely to be some people on tricky exchanges, or is it down to the actual member of staff who sets the order up in the first place - some may be better skilled than others?
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Or it could be just pot luck.
With that in mind what really matters then is how a company handles things when they go wrong.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi renochew,
I'm really sorry that there's been a lack of communication during your sign up with us.
I have had a look at your account and I can advise that the engineers appointment has been confirmed as the date stated on ticket 81023986 for you. I can also advise that your next bill on 10/03/2014 will take into account that you've not had the fibre service for a full month and will therefore show a pro-rata discount of the fibre service.