cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer ready to leave NOW

rubytuesday17

New customer ready to leave NOW

Ordered broadband and phone on 30th July . Money taken from account and selected 19th August for connection date. Received endless texts requesting the MAC KEY which we needed to obtain from BT who we are leaving due to their appalling customer service. Since we gave the MAC KEY no response from PlusNet until yesterday to say the appointment was for 8th Sept . No contact to say the 19th August was cancelled or anything.
I start a new job on 1st Sept which is why we arranged the PlusNet before that date so I was home for the install.
I tried to call the customer service but was left on hold for ages so gave up and sent an email . Still no reply from PlusNet so will now be looking for another supplier who does have a good service and customer care  Angry
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: New customer ready to leave NOW

Hopefully a member of the Digital Care Team will pick this up soon.
You cannot email Plusnet - the email addresses are not monitored. You can call them or raise a ticket in the members portal/centre.
Have you checked the existing / closed tickets under you account to see if they shed any more light on the delay ?
Fingers crossed you get this sorted soon - they aren't a bad bunch and I've had 20 months of trouble free service from Plusnet.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rubytuesday17,
Thank you for your time on the phone this morning.
As per our conversation the appointment for the engineer to attend is booked for 08/09/2014 between 8AM and 1PM.
rubytuesday17

Well suprise suprise I now have no internet at all !!
BT openreach came and messed around for 2 1/2 hrs trying to get the Plusnet to work and could not. He said 'I dont know why you are bothering with fibre optic in this road as the lines are worn out and poor quality, you will be lucky to get 28MB if that.'
He said the line is poor and he could not get a connection , but as soon as he got something he left, but still no broadband what so ever.he said to my wife 'you need to contact Plusnet, I won't do any more.'
My wife then spent over 2 hrs on the phone with them getting her to pull cables out and re route them with no success and then said to her 'get your husband to do it when he gets home'
I got home and was on hold for 1/2 hr and then spent a further hour swapping cables and things as advised by Liam in customer support. Still no broadband .
He suggested it maybe my computer , but as I had internet before the BT guy disconnected everything , I dought its that. My freind came round and tried to connect via wireless on his laptop .It found the router but still would not connect , therefore I am sure it is Plusnet and the worn out line at fault.
It has been left for me to travel 66 miles to my works office to use their broadband  !!
I supposed to get a call by Friday from someone to tell me what the fault is.
I REGRET ever signing up to Plusnet and if they ever get this broadband working I will leave as soon as contract is up .
AndyH
Grafter

If the Openreach engineer could not get the line to connect to the cabinet, then there is nothing you can do to get your internet to work. What colours are the lights on the Openreach modem?
It's very poor for the engineer to say those things you've listed above.
What was your speed estimate when you signed up?