cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - no Broadband for two days - not funny as I work from home!

dallascriftins

New customer - no Broadband for two days - not funny as I work from home!

Sadly my 'introduction' to Plusnet has not been a positive one  Sad
I have migrated my Broadband and phone twice before over the last 10 years - always a seamless experience but not this time.
I initially had understood my Broadband would be cutover on Monday and my phone on Wednesday. Nothing happened on Monday or Tuesday...
On Wednesday morning I received a text that my Phone had been migrated successfully.
I then realised I had lost Broadband in fact I did not even have a DSL connection anymore.
I work from home in IT support so you can imagine the impact that such loss of access has!
I waited till mid-afternoon, and then began the torturous process of contacting customer support. I gave up after 30 minutes of trying – thought I had the wrong number just endless excessively loud music on hold.
I have very poor mobile phone access here so I then decided I needed to find out what was going on. I drove into the nearest town with 3G to login and check my order online I was horrified to see a message saying it could take up to 5 days to activate my Broadband, that was not expected and not what is clearly stated on the welcome email I received when I signed up.
i.e. “Your current service will carry on until the switch is completed”
Back home and on the phone again, eventually after possibly an hour I got through to be told the activation was still in progress and would complete imminently. It did not, I was misled!
I needed to start thinking contigency hire a managed services office or something - not cheap!
Crawl forward 24 hours to yesterday afternoon – that equates to two working days offline and absolutely ages on hold.
I was eventually put through by customer services to someone who could see there really was a problem with the actual activation process.
He promised to look into it and call back.
I was sceptical but at 16:30 he did call back and told me he had resolved the issue, and as he was talking my router finally connected. So well done that man!
But all was not perfect I then discovered I was capped at 2MB not good at all, a 25% reduction to what I had only 2 days earlier, but at least I could get online and catch up with some contractual client paperwork I urgently needed to go through.
Fortunately today I am back at 8MB again so someone must have uncapped me over night or whatever goes on behind the scenes.
It has been a pretty unpleasant experience so far.
Lets hope at an operational level it just simply ‘works’ from now on.
3 REPLIES 3
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: New customer - no Broadband for two days - not funny as I work from home!

Presumably this is the business package you have ordered. Have you checked the support terms for that?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can see there was a delay with the order but it's complete now and you're online.
Let us know if you're still having issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dallascriftins

Quote from: HPsauce
Presumably this is the business package you have ordered. Have you checked the support terms for that?

No it isn't the business package
Long story short I was with Xilo for years - a truly excellent service but I  had a monthly cap and it was relatively expensive.
My three boys made a regular habit of using up the monthly allowance during gaming and one of them is doing Photography and Media A level and is now spending forever on Youtube so I had to look to switch to an uncapped service.
The current plusnet offer was too good to ignore I just did not expect an outage during the switch over.