cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer lasted 2 weeks and im off!

tony750cc

New customer lasted 2 weeks and im off!

Been a customer of Plusnet for 2 weeks had high hopes and brought crashing down from the start. Paying for a service that i managed to use once to get online and when i did i got the dizzying speeds of 0.36 on a download and 0.31 on an upload. Since that wonderful occasion it hasn't worked at all. Im now back to using 3 mobile which at least works. Final straw was getting an email telling me that im getting a 4 meg service. Im not getting anything!
After a number of attempts to get through to the help desk being kept waiting on hold (paying the usual 0845 fees) ive had enough and the service has now been cancelled (in writing as it would be too easy to do it via email wouldn't it!)
Im awaiting the invoice for the cancellation fee for a service i haven't used....... doesn't seem very fair to me.
All in all not a great plusnet experience......
4 REPLIES 4
gswindale
Grafter

Re: New customer lasted 2 weeks and im off!

Whilst I appreciate you've had problems - have you actually raised a fault with them?
amcclean
Rising Star

Have to agree with geofftswin raising a fault usually works. I have had a few issues over the past few weeks with speed and non authentication etc. and have found pn to be helpful in resolving it.
I have also been with other isps and have stayed with Pn for over 5 years because in general the support is pretty good. Sadly it can take longer to get replies to tickets than it used to but they get there.
have you tried raising a post in the forums and seeking advice and help forum the pn users in general there will be someone in the usergroup who can assist and Pn also monitor these groups too and offer support where they can.
You could always use your 3 mobile service to log in here and post your issues for others to help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Yes, I wouldn't assume that this fault can't be resolved. Try raising a fault via this page here https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults and reply back to this thread once done so I can make sure it's progressed ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
geoffp0
Grafter

Tony are you giving Plusnet a fair chance, if you had a problem with your electricity or gas supplies you would report a fault to them I am sure, have you followed the fault proceedure that PN has in place.
I have just joined PN and so far all be it slower than I had with BT I can not really complain about the service, with BT I was getting 2438 kbps download and 376 kbps upload, I am not getting that at the moment but maybe they will settle down.
Geoff