cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - first day experience, no router and misinformation

Blimey

New customer - first day experience, no router and misinformation

Well, we swapped over today from BT for phone and BB.  Phone went smoothly, text message just after nine saying the phone service was ready and it was.  Just have to get a refund out of BT now, but that’s another story.
As for the BB, again had a text saying the order had completed at about two thirty.  This is where the problem is.  I can’t connect as I’ve not received the router! Had a text mid-day Tuesday (today’s Friday) saying the router is in the post, I had expected this as all the indications on the site are that the router will arrive just in time for the BB activation.  However it did not.  Contacted Plusnet via the chat thing – 25 minutes wait for an agent, is that good or bad? – where the text message was acknowledged and I was informed it could take 3-5 days to arrive.  That would put it within time scale for 3 days but outside for 5 days.  So potentially not as advised/agreed in the original order.
Now this evening I’ve received an e-mail at 20:50 saying that my order (Thomson router) was dispatched on 4th March (ie today Friday) 4 days after the initial text message saying it was in the post, and again with a 3-5 working day delivery.  Given that it’s now Friday evening this could be next Friday so I’d be a week without BB.
I’m in the fortunate position to have a separate business line with BB also access to old routers so it’s not a real problem BUT if I were not then I could be without a service for a week that I’ll be paying for.  Not a good start!
Any similar experiences?  And is there anyone to raise this with, an e-mail address for a director would be nice.
10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: New customer - first day experience, no router and misinformation

What router did you use with BT? Its easy enough to use any router you have on the PN service, lots of guides around, here is one for the BT Home Hubs.
Blimey

Thanks Mustrum. I've already connected with the old Hub4 I had been using, that's not really the issue as I said, it's the fact they (Plusnet) have sent me text messages that are clearly not accurate and if i'd not had spare equipment or access to other services, would be now be without BB.
For me it's not a problem but for others it may well be, so more a warning (and a whinge) than anything else.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If the router has been dispatched it might well arrive in the post tomorrow (Saturday).
David
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

But the point of this post is a false premise. The vast majority of people who migrate have an old router, or a local branch of PC World or the nounce to connect their PC direct to the modem. False grump  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
anniesboy
Rising Star

I have also had conflicting information regarding router arrival.
I am awaiting a Home Hub1 following new comtract .
On Thursday1st March a text saying router in the post arrival in a few days
Then this morning Saturday 5th saying in the post arrival 3-5 days.
No problem for me as I can existing router. I think the issue of router dispatch has been a problem for as long as I have been with Plusnet . (about five years)
anniesboy
Rising Star

Hub 1 router arrived  at around mid day today Saturday,this around seven hours after the email.
herojan
Grafter

Quote from: PeterLoftus
But the point of this post is a false premise. The vast majority of people who migrate have an old router, or a local branch of PC World or the nounce to connect their PC direct to the modem. False grump  Cheesy

Actually it is not.
A customer should be able to expect to get the correct service from their ISP!
Why should they have go to PC World and BUY a modem/router just because the ISP failed to get the router to them on time. Also a lot of people do not have the technical knowhow to connect directly to an old modem or reconfigure it for the new setup.
I think you are being unfair to the OP.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@herojan but the shrinking violet wet customer waiting for PN to do everything for them wouldn't be on this forum. No the people reading he OP's post have already found the forum and well on the way to getting some workaround sorted.  That was my point  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

I got a new router after agreeing to new contract; the day it arrived I also got a text saying it was being dispatched that day!
Anon
Pro

Promised mine and when it had not arrived in over a week and I raised it with them, they told me they had made a mistake. Yes people make mistakes but not all the time like PN seem to be doing.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.