cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer experience (and a couple of questions)

cshields
Dabbler

New customer experience (and a couple of questions)

Had PlusNet fibre Unlimited installed at the end of last week. The engineer didn't replace the master socket, I'm guessing this was because we already had a prefiltered faceplate installed (from ADSLNation)?
Here are the line stats:
Plusnet: Estimated line speed:57Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit)  - Checked on 2013-04-09 21:54:19
Current line speed:78 Mb
BTWholesale: Download speed achieved during the test was - 69.48 Mbps
Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 71.78 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 15.2Mbps
Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
I'm guessing this is pretty good considering the estimated speeds? Cheesy
We are paid up with BT Line Rental Saver until the end of October - so there are 5 months left to run on this; we are due to have the phone line moved to PlusNet after the 3 weeks, but I was wondering if there is any chance of delaying the transfer in order to make use of the 5 remaining months (worth £54). I appreciate that this is a longshot, but thought it would be worth asking.
I placed the order through Top Cashback, in order to receive the £70 offered at the time. This tracked as of 9th April, but hasn't become confirmed or payable as yet. I wouldn't want any delay to affect the cashback, as this is worth more than the remaining line rental saver with BT! Should I be concerned that the cashback hasn't been confirmed yet?
Many thanks for the excellent service so far, I've been very pleased with how smoothly the transfer of the broadband has been and with my dealing with customer support Smiley
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New customer experience (and a couple of questions)

Hi there,
We can delay the order to transfer the phone line, but the way we'd have to do it carries a risk of a delay as we'd need to cancel the existing order and raise a new one which, due to the lead time could delay things too far and could mean paying more line rental to BT.
Re the cashback, personally I'd not worry too much at this stage as we're seeing that these can take at least (and in some cases well over) 30 days to come through. Have a look at Chris' post here anyway: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112065.0.html
Hope that helps,
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cshields
Dabbler

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
Would cancelling the existing order for the phone and raising a new one mean I would end up on the post 8th May 2013 tariff?
Also would it affect the cash back coming through?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No, as we wouldn't be creating a new account just canceling and replacing the orders that are associated with it.
Just let me know if it's something you want to do.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cshields
Dabbler

If you are sure that cancelling and replacing the orders will
1) not affect the cashback
and 2) the tariff we start on will still be the pre 8th May 2013 tariff
Then this will save me some money. We are paid up with BT until the 26th of October 2013 with the line rental saver, so I would want to have transferred to PlusNet by that date at the latest ideally.
If all that is possible, could you go ahead and change the changeover date?
Many thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Neither of those should be a problem, however I don't think the cashback will be authorised until both services are active. It won't affect it happening though as far as I'm aware, and it definitely won't change the tariff so I've cancelled the phone transfer for you and will replace it for the end of October once that's gone through.
cshields
Dabbler

Thanks for that. I've had two cancellation e-mails, but nothing yet to suggest that the new switch-over date has been booked. Can you confirm the status of this?
Cheers.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's not been booked in yet and we wouldn't recommend doing so until around 2 months or so before it's due to complete - we can do if you wish but if you're happy to wait a bit before we place the order that'd be best. If it's alright I'd like to place a ticket on hold on your account until August so we can place the order then?
cshields
Dabbler

That sounds fine, as long as the Cashback doesn't time out - that's the most important thing because it is worth more than I would be saving.
Thanks again Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ticket's on hold for you Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi cshields,
Realise it's been a while, just wanted to say the ticket's now off hold and the order to move the phone over is being placed. Really sorry to say it won't complete on the 26th but it will be done for the 1st November - hope that's all alright?
cshields
Dabbler

I've updated the support question (#70500412) with queries about the forthcoming bill. It looks like the initial payment for the first months usage, paid in April has been lost.
Could you look into this?
Cheers