cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer- connected since Monday but no internet.

birdistheword

New customer- connected since Monday but no internet.

Hello,
I'm in the somewhat crazy position of apprently being connected to your internet services but being unable to use it. I have raised a ticket but have not had a reply in nearly 24 hours.
The router refuses to connect and gives out the error "Connection could not be established: Disconnected by user" when running the routers connectivity test I get the error "No ATM activity detected on your DSL line." and "PPP Your connection is currently down."
I have gone through all the usual diagnostics including swapping microfilters etc and I have even tried an alternate router with still nothing. I have even tried the bt test logins to see whether it was a aunthentication problem.
Am I likely to be able to use my service anytime soon plusnet?
3 REPLIES 3
Mand
Grafter

Re: New customer- connected since Monday but no internet.

Hi there,
I can't see any connection attempts at all in our logs.
Can you PM me with the username and password as they're entered in your router please?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim) Some posts split off to here to keep two problems separate. If any are in the wrong place please use Report to Moderator to identify ]
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
As Mand says, we need to confirm the login details in the router are correct. You need to make sure you have the realm on the end of your username, for example if your Plusnet username was birdistheword you would need to enter birdistheword@plusdsl.net in your router, along with the password you use to log in to our portal.
Please let us know if that hasn't helped,