Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Product Advertising - speed restrictions notable by their absence

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

New Product Advertising - speed restrictions notable by their absence

I have to ask if Plusnet Marketing have gone back to their bad old ways.
I just clicked on the new products - Find Out More - and there is no mention anywhere about the speed restrictions imposed as part of the package.
The only link is to the FAQ which doesn't mention it either.
16 REPLIES 16
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Product Advertising - speed restrictions notable by their absence

We're raised this with the content team and will be ensuring this is added back into a more prominent position in the signup journey.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mand
Grafter

Just to add further to what Chris has said, we made the decision to simplify the sign up journey following (a lot!) of usability studies. The links in the pop up boxes were removed as a result of this, but they will be put back in to the signup journey and the main broadband FAQ.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The FAQ link is still there in the popup box along with Check Availability
Mand
Grafter

Yup, check availability needs to be there (for the line check), and the FAQ saves us having multiple links. The expected speeds will go into that FAQ, as well as in the signup journey itself.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I would have tought that a person should get to look at this sort of informmation, so that they can decide what package they want. Long before they get on a one way journey on a product that doesnt please them later, we see a lot of new people on the Forums who know nothing about speed throttling
Mand
Grafter

Guys,
It will be prominent, it will be at the front end of the journey, it will be linked to from all the logical places.
We've got nothing to gain by hiding this, it was just an oversight that the link from the pop-up was removed without the page being linked to elsewhere.
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
Just to let you know that the expected speeds page is now a link from the first page of signup (where you're given the line checker speed estimate also).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

But if some one is trying to see what packet suits them, why should they be expected to start the sign up journey - thats crazy and probably why people get on the wrong package and start moaning and thumping the table when it doesnt do what they want
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pierre,
There's a link from the more information button on each product to the FAQs, in the download speed section of those there's a link to the expected speeds page - so you don't need to go through signup to get the information.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Thanks Matt - Is that a recent addition as I am sure it wasn't there when I checked last
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think it rolled yesterday morning Jim, with a couple of other things following on from the refresh.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

tis there but could be a bit more prominent
Mand
Grafter

It wasn't any more than a link in the pop-up before, if anything it's more prominent now it's actually in the signup journey.
The user-testing we did showed that people didn't want the pop-up to be complicated, and that very few of them clicked on the link from there. It makes more sense to put it with the other speed information IMO (as well as being in the FAQ).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you do the broadband availability check to get your expected speed there's links on there to the expected speeds, but unless you knew what you were looking for I don't think people would see them.
I wonder if that page would be a good place for something on the lines of "Plusnet packages have different priorities for traffic, particularly at peak times. Click here to see the expected speeds for Plusnet xxx" where xxx is the package they have chosen.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)