Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet Fibre Packages

phil4
Grafter

Re: New Plusnet Fibre Packages

Quote from: grahamt
, I'm half-tempted to go for Virgin's 'up to 30Mb/s' cable offering, which is available now and might even end up being cheaper. And they'd do HDTV, which we won't get here on terrestrial until sometime next year. I just can't quite bring myself to commit to them, though.

I briefly tried Virgin, when exactly the same occured to me (FTTC got pushed out from Dec 2010 to Sept 2011, to never)....).
I went for the 50Mbit version, but gave up and cancelled within their 28day "Hapiness Guarantee".
In short my experience was:  the "Superhub" wasn't, and behaved in odd ways.
Considering there isn't a training period, and I was on for nearly a month, I suffered some long down time's (many hours), flakey conneciton and a very much less than 50Mb experience (as in 20 if I was lucky).
Customer service irritated me.
And to top it off, the cable the literaly threw across my front garden and driveway (they refused to life the block paving) is still there as left. 
In short, I wasn't prepared to pay the 35quid a month they wanted for what wasn't even close to the 50Mb service, and that was when it worked.
With all the fibre to very local cabinets, I genuinely thought it would be a case of getting what you paid for..... but didn't feel it turned out that way.
amcclean
Rising Star

i wish i could see my exchange on the list.
As mentioned elsewhere by 2012 they only plan to upgrade 8 more exchanges north of the border 😞
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I briefly tried Virgin.............Customer service irritated me.

Yes, I was with NTL/Virgin for a significant time before I discovered that they were virtually robbing me by refusing to change my package to something akin to what they offered new customers, when I threatened to leave my telephone service (rental & call plan pre payed for the coming month) was mysteriously disconnected and, in my caee, customer service went way beyond irritating.  I ripped out their cable right back to the pavement and vowed never to deal with them again.  I am right next to one of their cabinets so I would expect a good speed but I have been so much happier with PlusNet who actually do care about their customers that I wouldn't migrate back if they offered be 50Mbit for the price I currently pay for my (generally reliable) PlusNet Extra with a profile of 7.15Mbit at best.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Epyon
Grafter

Quote from: podman
As mentioned elsewhere by 2012 they only plan to upgrade 8 more exchanges north of the border 😞

Yeah
i'm in aberdeen and i would expect them to at least have plans to upgrade the exchanges here :S