Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet Community Open to All Vote

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: New Plusnet Community Open to All Vote

Will Plusnet staff still frequent the new forum? It's just I've found that avenue of support the best.
My fear has always been that at some point Plusnet will do what BT and many other ISPs have done and contract out their support to some useless offshore call centre.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The group of users who have been testing the new forums have really pushed Plusnet on this point. I and others have said that the new forums will only be a success if a higher level of input is given than is given at the moment where posts from users which need Plusnet input can go unanswered for a long period or even be totally missed. I personally am not totally happy with the responses given.
Having said that, there are features of the new forums which should make Plusnet input more efficient so we may see an improvement with no extra resources.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It does look as though there will be some extra resources jelv, but how that's going to divided up with the other support channels remains to be seen.
Anon
Pro

Quote from: spoon
where posts from users which need Plusnet input can go unanswered for a long period or even be totally missed. I personally am not totally happy with the responses given.

Though staff would argue with this, check out this statement from HarryB only a couple of weeks ago
I can assure you that we don't intentionally ignore complaints on here.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148147.msg1304648.html#msg1304648
Though I have to say 2 weeks in Plus Net is a long time.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

And where have we intentionally ignored a post?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Well maybe not intentionally Chris?  But here's a recent not speedy response  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148672.0/topicseen.html
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

Thanks Maurice, I'll get that looked at.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anon
Pro

Well that saved me some time.
I cited two threads after the comment had been made the first time, one still has no staff comment..
Look for yourself, people struggle on here and sometimes get nothing from the staff, please do not try and tell the users on here that you reply to all the problems they have and the word 'deliberately' can be a catch all, so that any you do not bother with, it was not deliberate, like the one already cited above.
Chris
Legend

I cited two threads after the comment had been made the first time, one still has no staff comment..

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148195.0.html
This one? We haven't replied as the OP was asking other customers for their experiences.
Anon
Pro

and you did not feel that staff should comment on someone saying
He would not pass me on to his manager as per my request.

OK. guess that is not something you would like to comment on as you would have been embarrassed to agree with them.
and on this thread the customer said
I will be interested to know if anyone else has had this experience
  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148912.0.html
and staff still replied DESPITE the customer asking for views from other customers.
Anotherone
Champion

I think you've made your point now, Plusnet should be embarrassed when they miss posts.
However
Quote from: Anon
and on this thread the customer said
I will be interested to know if anyone else has had this experience
  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148912.0.html
and staff still replied DESPITE the customer asking for views from other customers.

It's rather unreasonable that you criticise Plusnet for responding there, as a customer did reply - ME. And what's more there were issues there that come up all too frequently when such posts get made, Plusnet need to look at these things to find out where and how their procedures need to be improved which is why I highlighted it to Plusnet. If I spot such posts I will highlight them, but I don't and can't read every post.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Bump of a post from yesterday that should have been answered
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the votes are in and they have been counted, and it is a thumbs down for public forums, shame there is nothing that can be done even though this implies an alternative:
Quote from: Chris
  • We’ll be removing the need to be a Plusnet customer to post on our Community – it will be open to all

My highlight of course.
Anotherone
Champion

I doubt it will make any significant difference but it remains to be seen.
Anon
Pro

Quote from: Anotherone

It's rather unreasonable that you criticise Plusnet for responding there, as a customer did reply - ME. And what's more there were issues there that come up all too frequently when such posts get made, Plusnet need to look at these things to find out where and how their procedures need to be improved which is why I highlighted it to Plusnet. If I spot such posts I will highlight them, but I don't and can't read every post.

My comment was in response to the staff post which said they did not reply to the post I highlighted because the post originator asked for other customer views, yet when this customer also asks for customer views staff feel they can post, but use the originators request to have ducked out and not contributed.
Why do you feel that you need to read every post? This is a closed PN forum, why do the staff not do that?
But what PN say means little, I have just posted onto my questions why PN 'forgot' about my cashback, why they managed to have a mistake and not send out a promised router and why they promised other actions that have not happened. I can only come to one conclusion about my issues and why they don't  read posts on here and in a word it is incompetence,