Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Option 1 offer with 10GB allowance

James
Grafter

Re: New Option 1 offer with 10GB allowance

Hiya,
It's rate limited as per the website, but with the traffic being given a bronzer priority it may seem to be slightly slower than usual given the current network conditions.
Lurker
Grafter

bronzer FTW!
[me=James_G]likes Jameseh's made up language. ;D[/me]
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I spoke with CS yesterday and asked about the Option 1 10Gb package.  They very clearly told me it was only available to new customers.  This thread seems to say have a different story.  What is correct?
James
Grafter

Please PM me who you spoke to.
It's available for existing customers not under a contract.
Be3G
Grafter

I'm also vaguely considering this offer (the one with both broadband and Home Phone) and I have one question, which was asked by Oldjim earlier in the thread but without an answer being provided: can I upgrade my broadband connection a few months down the line (e.g. to BBYW2)? I understand the 12 month contract would need to remain in place; I'm just a bit nervous of committing myself to not using much more than 10GB a month for a whole year when goodness knows what might become available during that time, for example HD iPlayer. (I know that extra usage can be added to BBYW on a pay-as-you-use basis but that's not cost-effective, especially on BBYW1, beyond a few GB.)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For information I downloaded the Windows 7 beta last night at about 11.00pm (I went onto the Option 1 offer the day before) for the second time (the first time was on Option 2 and the speeds were about the same - fairly rotten I must admit
scootie
Grafter

i see all all you guys now with an extra 8gb Wink of usage are the reason behind the new segment of bandwidth being lit recently Roll_eyes
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Actually I think that is wrong - we are hitting the profits by switching from BBYW2 to BBYW1 10GB  Lips_are_sealed
Be3G
Grafter

Indeed, that's why I'd assume that PN wouldn't mind us moving back to BBYW2 in the future if we so desired (I, like you, am currently on BBYW2), but I thought it best to check just to make sure - if someone from Plusnet could answer ASAP it would be appreciated as the offer's only on for four more days IIRC.
scootie
Grafter

oldjim what wonderfull things have you bein doing with that 8gb of usage. has it enabled you to inforce the forum rules more often  Wink
edit= call me stupid. youve lost bandwidth havent you
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Be3g,
I'll confirm that with the marketing team in the morning for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Be3G
Grafter

Cheers Chris.
James
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
Indeed, that's why I'd assume that PN wouldn't mind us moving back to BBYW2 in the future if we so desired (I, like you, am currently on BBYW2), but I thought it best to check just to make sure - if someone from Plusnet could answer ASAP it would be appreciated as the offer's only on for four more days IIRC.

Within reason, Thomas.
Ultimately, you're signing up for a 12 month contract giving increased usage allowance and some money off..  However, if you were to elect to move back within a month, I would have no issue in doing so for you.
Be3G
Grafter

Hmm, I think you misunderstand me James, and I suspect that's because you didn't see my post on the previous page - I'm not asking about being moved from the offer back to BBY2, what I'm asking is, if I take the offer, can I upgrade the broadband component of that offer at a later date, under the proviso that the 12-month contract understandably stays in place? (I realise that it obviously needs to as it's the 12-month contract that allows the offer in the first place.) To me, it seems like it shouldn't be a problem - Plusnet, I would imagine, would make more money off me being contracted in to BBYW2 at £15 than BBYW1 with 10GB at £10 - but I just want to be certain before I take the plunge, so I know I'm not trapped on BBYW1 for a whole year if I don't want to be.
James
Grafter

Thanks for the clarification.
I'll try and find out.