Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Option 1 offer with 10GB allowance

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

New Option 1 offer with 10GB allowance

I have spotted this offer, which appears to be time limited to January 2009. As well as including a free wireless router (or £15 back for no hardware), in return for a 12 month contract the monthly allowance has increased to 10GB. The offer is not available to anyone currently on a deferred contract. It is not clear what happens after the offer period ends, will new sign-ups or transfers only get 2GB?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
203 REPLIES 203
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Option 1 offer with 10GB allowance

Once the offer ends then people signing up will get the usual 2GB usage.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maranello
Pro

Thanks for the swift reply Chris, but the ambiguity remains.
For new sign-ups (or transfers) within the offer period, does the 10GB allowance apply indefinitely, for the 12 months of the contract, or until the end of the offer period?
In any event, I am ineligible because I had a new router provided on a deferred contract in the summer, but I don't want to mislead a potential referral customer. Where can I find T&Cs specific to this offer?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can we have a link to the offer
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The monthly usage stays at 10GB for anyone who signs up the account, it will also remain at that after the offer expires.
http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/12/17/10gb-broadband-offer-broadband-only/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Chris,
Are we seriously saying that an existing Option 2 user could switch to this offer and get everything except the router/cashback. with a permanent 10GB usage allowance saving nearly £5 per month.
Alternatively an Option 1 user with an extra couple of GB purchased could switch and not only save money but also get a massive increase in usage allowance.
I have to say that this offer looks remarkably like commercial suicide  Shocked
maranello
Pro

Thanks for the clarification. A pity I can't apply, but no real detriment at present as I still haven't exceeded 1GB of my 2GB allowance  Tongue
chillypenguin
Grafter

Desperate times by the look of things Jim.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Well I am going to recommend that at least one and possibly 2 of my referrers move to this
Just found this as well - 10GB Broadband and Evening & Weekend calls offer - but haven't found the price yet linky
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

So as an existing Option 1 customer with 2GB allowance, I could move to this, get 5 times the bandwidth, reduced fees for 3 months and the only potential downside would be a change to a 12 month contract?
I echo Oldjim's concern, from my experience when an offer sounds too good to be true, it usually is. But if I've read everything correctly it does seem too good to miss. Are all existing Option 1 customers going to be advised of this by email or will it be just available to the select few who read this forum?
Could someone correct me if I'm misunderstanding this.
Cliff
Neil_A
Grafter

Hi guys,
Thought I'd post in here to reassure you that there aren't meant to be any tricks here  Smiley
We are testing out some new offers to see how attractive they would be. The marketing theory being although we'll make a lower profit on the new product, if sales go up XXX% then the larger number of customers we attract will offset the reduced margin. We then have to balance that against how many existing customers will say "wow, that's a good deal, I want some of that please" which also reduces margin.
So we're testing it out in a relatively 'hidden' way, at a quiet time such as the run up to Christmas, to see if we could make it a permanent offer sometime next year. In the meantime if you like the look of it and are willing to go for a new 12 month contract then by all means dive in. And feel free to refer it to friends and family too!
Merry Christmas  Wink
zubel
Community Veteran

I suppose that the Big Bad Parent Company (tm) also value a 12-month contract on the balance sheet, which is why it's attractive to sign people up on smaller margins.
B.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks Mark,
Now if there was an offer for BBYW Option 2, I could be finally tempted to migrate and ditch my old fixed 2 Meg premier account Cheesy
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Be3G
Grafter

Just FWIW Maurice, I believe you can move to MaxDSL without changing product.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Be3G
Just FWIW Maurice, I believe you can move to MaxDSL without changing product.

Yes, I Know.  It's just inertia that is holding me back Wink  The added incentive of a cost reduction might get me off my [Censored] and do something about it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.