cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Members Should Not Leave Feedback

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: New Members Should Not Leave Feedback

Yep i understand and was quite clear that this was perhaps a non starter,thanks for taking the time to reply to me with that maurice,very much appreciated,i will still be kicking around here on the forums,and by god i will be watching like a hawk,especially on any suggestions made by shutter,(by the way shutter thats a joke) Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Spider
Grafter

I am another one that feels that people should be able to post their opinion in their first post. It is just a pity that it is often problems that draw people to the forum, not good service. With regard to the sections I would prefer to see just one section called 'Feedback'. I would also ask that if a posted problem is resolved to the satisfaction of the original poster then the title is amended to say [Resolved]. I think this would make it a lot clearer when looking down a list of feedback threads to see how much is resolved by posting in this forum. I personally hate the term positive and negative when associated with feedback as this often implies everything is one way when often it is not.
David_W
Rising Star

I signed up my friend to PN about a year or two ago and she has never posted on this forum, so if she was to suddenly find her PN experience to be terrible and came to the forum to rant and rave (ok, she'd phone me up and tell me to come fix it, but that's besides the point) under a 200 post system, she wouldn't be able to, event hough she has been a customer for 1-2 years.
I've been with PN since 2002 and have, err 600 posts?  So I average under 100 posts per year, if my friend had posted she would be between 80-160ish I guess, so still under the 200 limit yet still have been with PN long enough to make an informed decision about her internet connection and service from PN.
You have to remember, some people only come to the forum when they have a problem and/or complaint, it's not very many people who use it to have a good debate about ducks.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Agree with you spider i try to always mark any problems i have with(resolved)because they do get resolved,and i only used the 200 posts as a measure,to perhaps a new kind of system in this area.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: MauriceC
at least on of the responders is an Ex Moderator and PUG member; and others have also a longer time spent in the Forums.

Having posted around 9k-10k times on various PN boards under various guises and nom de plumes. Wink
But that's why I started again from zero - because post counts don't really reflect a huge amount in terms of whether somebody is worth listening to. It's what they say and how they say it that counts.
I can be as irreverent as the next person (perhaps more so!) when the mood takes me, but I also post technical explanations at times, as well as serious opinion and discussion.
A person's post count does nothing to qualify any of these - its teh wurds thet cownt [sic]
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

As is proved by  my count, and steve74 count....... you just can`t tell .... I make hundreds of comments of a flippant nature, but according to steve74 I should be someone "worth reading" and "respected" because of the (ranking) number of posts, when in actual fact, I do not have a great deal of technical knowledge.  
This forum is not 100% technical, and therefore, as I pointed out in an earlier post..... rankings are absurd...
Lurker
Grafter

Almost as abssurd [sic] as your spelling @Shutter!
Only mentioned it because you pointed out the OP's spelling here
[me=James_G]expects to have his spelling/Grandma corrected later today for joining those sat in pedants corner.[/me]
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Wink Roll_eyes Lips_are_sealed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and what's wrong with Grandma?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Nothing I hope if she keeps taking the tablets....
And has a flu jab.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: shutter
As is proved by  my count, and steve74 count....... you just can`t tell .... I make hundreds of comments of a flippant nature, but according to steve74 I should be someone "worth reading" and "respected" because of the (ranking) number of posts, when in actual fact, I do not have a great deal of technical knowledge.  
This forum is not 100% technical, and therefore, as I pointed out in an earlier post..... rankings are absurd...
Nah no one should listen to you,you over exaggerate,your ranking should be "the exaggerator",You seem to be taking my posts like a bullet to the head,i did not say you are to be trusted or honest,but with all your post counts you would be someone who knows these parts,even if it is just to say your posting in the wrong section Smiley
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Could I suggest that this thread be locked now.  It's degenerating into trivia and personalities and has ceased to be constructive.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes lock her down,it sunk yesterday after mand and simon m posts which were very respected and well recieved Smiley
Thanks to everyone who posted and shared their views Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's Note
I am locking this thread as it has served it's purpose and is now degenerating as Maurice has correctly pointed out.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine