Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer frustrated /confused and now angry with install tracker info

Bjn
Grafter

New Customer frustrated /confused and now angry with install tracker info

Support Question #62010310
I'm getting very confused and mixed messages from the on-line order trackers and Customer Service Personnel. My understanding is that the original installation date when placing the on-line order on 5th November which was set to be 12th November could not be met due to a fault with your automatic service placing Fibre orders on Tuesday 6th November at Plusnet.
On Thursday 8th the above ticket was raised to reorder the installation at the earliest possible after I telephoned to ask why the tracker was stuck at line test for 3 days this is when I found out Plusnet  did not know there had been a problem. There would have been no progress if I'd not telephoned even though they had taken my first payment which was the next step on the tracker from line test.
I have as yet not been given a new installation date and time but your tracker now says my service should go live on 17th November after 12pm. I telephone Customer Service on 9th November and Sales person was under the impression I did not need a installation engineer visit as all work was done at exchange.I think he thought I had order an adsl instillation and said that the activation date was the 17th Nov. I questioned this as I'd ordered Fibre plus broadband and I need an engineer visit for installation he seemed a bit taken aback, he checked with a manager and came back saying just ignore the order tracker not much help to my order progress enquiry.
I'm now very concerned that I may have my broadband moved to Plusnet on 17th as ADSL or at worst to a Fibre connection at Plusnet end with no engineer install at my end and lose my broadband service. My present supplier has emailed to say the MAC code has been used so I know the move is in progress.
The tracker is now stating the router has been dispatched? but still 17th Nov service activation?
All I want is a new confirmed install date and engineer visit  time, after all my Fibre Plus would have been install tomorrow 12th November if Plusnet system had worked correctly. I'd have thought as Plusnet had messed up they would have pulled out all the stops to correct thier mistake asap. At present all they have achieved is to make a new customer very angry with misinformation and don't seem to very quick to updating me with correct information regarding my Fibre Plus installation and update their tracker information
I chose Plusnet for the very high service level reviews from Which and other on-line sites. My experience so far has been very poor and very confusing and hope this is a one off experience. I'd be very grateful for clarification as soon as possible on the progress of my order to clarify the confusion.
If any Plusnet personnel are reading this post an update correct and accurate update would be most welcome.  (my mobile number is best for weekday contact if you need to call)
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Customer frustrated /confused and now angry with install tracker info

Really sorry for the confusion and if our order tracking hasn't met expectations. I'm going to look further into what's happened now and will get back to you with an update ASAP.
Adam

EDIT:

I've just been looking into your order and can actually see that an appointment is booked in for 16/11 between 08:00 and 13:00. before I go any further I'm going to ask if that's convenient as we can rearrange this if not, however being realistic that would lead to a date further ahead in the future.
I'm sorry that you have an expectation so far (at least in part) that the install was going to be on the 17th. This is as our systems seem to have picked up a date from ticket service note 146408722  on your account, on closer inspection of that the wording is:
"An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband order is being processed by the supplier.
The activation will complete by midnight on 17/11/2012."
I'm sure we could agree that statement is true but doesn't unfortunately mean the install would be done on that date, I can see how that could be misinterpreted though so sorry for any confusion.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bjn
Grafter

Adam,
Many thanks for your very quick response to my problem both here in the forum and more detailed in the online ticket. Your explanation via the ticket and the help and offer you made to my first impression of Plusnet have restored faith in your company, it's a shame there was so much confusion over the online tracker and the customer support team which left me very confused.
The date of the 16th November for installation is acceptable  and I'm looking forward to the higher speed connection next weekend.
Thank you.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem at all and I'm really glad to hear you say that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team