cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer and my Fibre Internet switched off in error. Can somebody help?

miniweld

New Customer and my Fibre Internet switched off in error. Can somebody help?

Hi,
I am a new customer to Plusnet for Fibre and telephone. Fibre installed ok in august and the phone moved over on the 3.9.2013. It appears that since my phone was switched over to plusnet my Fibre connection has been switched off, i think because the original order was created incorrectly.
I have spent over an hour on the phone with support trying to get this resolved and I still none the wiser when this will be fixed. the last time i spoke to somebody from plusnet they said that it was back with procurement and that they couldnt tell me anymore and that I would have to speak to them, which would involve an additional call wait time of 25mins to speak to that dept. (after already waiting 20 mins to speak to support). when I then asked for a number for the procurement department he said that he could not give me that, so if I want to speak to this department then I would have to spend 15-30 mins waiting to speak to the support team and then another 25mins to be transferrred to the procurement team.
the ticket number for this issue is 74315944.
Can anybody from plusnet pick this up and give me an update?Huh
Thanks in advance.
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Customer and my Fibre Internet switched off in error. Can somebody help?

Hi there,
Really sorry about this but unfortunately the fibre order has been cancelled in error by or suppliers so our provisioning team will need to place a new one for you.
A request for this is in the right queue to be picked up by them so please leave this with us and there'll be an update to ticket 74315944 soon which you'll be able to see at http://contactus.plus.net
Just let me know if you have any other questions at all in the meantime and I'll be happy to help.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
miniweld

Re: New Customer and my Fibre Internet switched off in error. Can somebody help?

Thanks for the speedy response.
If this needs a new order, what would be the ETA that my connection would be back up and running?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem,
If this needs a new order, what would be the ETA that my connection would be back up and running?

This depends on the appointments offered to us when we place the order so we'll be in a better position to answer that when we've placed the order. Rest assured we'll be aiming for the soonest available appointment.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
miniweld

So I have finally received an update (24 hours later!), confirming that the connection from my previous broadband supplier had not been switched off properly.
Are you able to advise how long it takes (even a rough guess?) as to how long it takes to remove the TAG from my line?
Thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It really can vary, we usually work around it being 24-48 hours but have seen instances where this can be longer.
We'll continue to check on this and update you.
miniweld

I have had further feedback stating that my order has been processed incorrectly and that we need to get another MAC code from my previous supplier. But I do not know whether I am supposed to get this or if you guys are?
Can you confirm please?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

You will need to get the MAC code.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

miniweld

I have the MAC code. How do I get it over to you guys at PlusNet?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just paste it into the ticket regarding the order that's open on your account Smiley Our provisioning team will pick it up from there and get the order moving for you.
miniweld

Hi,
I attached the MAC code to the ticket yesterday and I have not heard anything, can you see if there is any update as to what is happening?
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that, just nudged our prov team for you - the order will be placed shortly, unless there's any issues in which case we'll make sure you're updated.