cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer & is this too good to be true?

brush6136
Grafter
Fixes: 2

New Customer & is this too good to be true?

Moved away from Tesco BB which has been quite good. Only reason I'm moving is that (a) Tesco are selling our accounts to TalkTalk & I have had awful experience at a domestic & professional level (imagine problems at work all day then going home to the same problems at home!) & (b) saw an offer in Money Saving Expert newsletter, checked it out & signed up.
My phone got switched this morning at 11am. BB interrupted for about 10 mins & still connected to Tesco but the speed had shot up to around 19+Mbits from 16Mbits on an ADSL+ (I'm only a few hundred metres from the exchange) service.
Got a text from Plusnet at 1810 telling me my broadband was now working.
Changed my router settings to log into Plusnet which interrupted the link for about 3 seconds & my radio programme still playing. Oh & I'm getting almost 20Mbits down & 1+Mbit up.
Will it last?
Customer for all 20 mins on BB & 7 hours on phone.
Hope this lasts!
Don't use a big word where a diminutive word will suffice.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Customer & is this too good to be true?

Welcome to Plusnet and the Community!
It's good to hear everything went smoothly and that you're getting good speeds. Let us know if you've got any questions/problems.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
brush6136
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Sorry to say just discovered I'm not receiving calls. Done the online tests & have a problem/ticket number now just need to find where I monitor this from in the members centre.
adie:quote
Don't use a big word where a diminutive word will suffice.
Chris
Legend

If you go to help.plus.net you can see the open questions there. I'll go retest the line and see what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

FYI I've just replied to the ticket.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

For a problem like this 17070 is a handy number to dial, as it confirms the number on the line and can also perform a ring back test.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

As you said it's too good  to last, welcome to the real PN!
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Customers, regardless of providers get faults time to time  Roll_eyes