Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never saw this one coming !

gromittz
Grafter

Never saw this one coming !

Due a fibre upgrade today...
PlusNet router has arrived, so far so good.
OR engineer rings in advance, 30 mins out.... Looking good.
Engineer fits face plate, installs modem and heads off to the cab.
Engineer returns rather ashamed to say he can't get into the cab !  Turns out the newer combined all-in-one jobbies have a different lock  Shocked
Tried the on line chat and explained the situation, only to be told I'd have to ring the orders team... So using the one thing that's supposed to make getting support easier was a fail.  Sad
Faced with ringing in on a Friday afternoon, prepared for a long, long wait rang in and was answered within a few mins by the very helpful Caylie, who has arranged someone later in the week to hopefully finish the job. With it noted to Openreach that there may not be anyone home, 'missed appointment penalty' waived. and have the right keys !!
Openreach can go on the naughty list for providing only half an upgrade.
So after waiting years for our area to be enabled and waiting months for an exchange only line to get a cabinet, it'll be another week.. ho hum  Roll_eyes
Oh and the cabinet went live the day after the 40/20 product was dropped.. Didn't see that one coming either.  Lips_are_sealed
5 REPLIES 5
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Never saw this one coming !

When I'd sorted out that "cab" meant cabinet rather than driving cab - well, you never can tell.  Smiley
...I did rather wonder how PN Chat could help. Surely this has to be an entirely BT Openreach matter?
gromittz
Grafter

Well the engineer may as well used a taxi cab, because he didn't need many tools for this job.
As far as I'm aware Openreach wont talk directly to the end user so that left me 2 options to see what was going to happen now.. Chat or phone.
BRABUS
Grafter

So Openreach can charge you for a missed appointment, what can the end user charge Openreach for such a school boy error?  It seems only fair that it works both ways????
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Why does everything need to be so difficult when dealing with BTOR?
1. BTOR (or was it a subcontractor) turns up to do a job without the right cabinet key.
2. It now becomes the EU's responsibility to sort this out (new appointment) rather than the engineer going and getting the right key and returning to the job or BTOR retain ownership of the problem of THEIR making - and resolving it with the EU themselves
3. PlusNet now need to spend their resources sorting out another appointment between the EU and BTOR
4. The EU needs to take another day off work or risk being faced with a "user not in" fine and / or BTOR doing the work and the line still not functioning
All pretty darned poor - I do hope PlusNet's CEO is focused on sorting out this kind of stupidity?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

We need the MPs to say to Ofcom. "Sort this out or we will remove you from your overpaid sinecures."  A simple way to fix it would be a fine on OpenReach equal to one day's wage at the national average when they fail to attend an appointment. To avoid this measure reducing the funding available for telecoms infrastructure expansion/upgrade any fines should be paid into a fund for Local Authorities to be used for public fibre optic deployment projects.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.