cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEGLIGENT CUSTOMER SERVICE is not what I expect from Plusnet - FRUSTRATED.

as87

NEGLIGENT CUSTOMER SERVICE is not what I expect from Plusnet - FRUSTRATED.

I have been a loyal customer with Plusnet and renewed my contract on the basis that up to now the service provided as well as the customer service has been good. So much so that I recommended Plusnet to my father who has taken up services with the company.
I recently found that the deal I was getting with Plusnet was not the best around as both Sky and Talk Talk were offering better priced broadband. I rang Plusnet who kindly offered a reduced monthly payment plus £50 cashback. Because of this deal and the cashback I agreed to stay with Plusnet.
The reduced payment was applied immediatedly but there was no sign of the cashback. I emailed Plusnet who told me that the cashback was not noted on the contract so they would need to listen to call back to the call to confirm that I was eligible. Fair enough I thought, and they got back to me to say yes I was eligible that there must have been a communication error when the sales assistant was updating my account. Mistakes happen but I was happy that they were sorting it out.
Except this is not the case. It has been 3 MONTHS since I was promised cashback and they keep fobbing me off with a automated message saying that they are waiting for an update:
"Thank you for your patience.
Unfortunately, we are still waiting for an update in regards to your cashback. We will continue to monitor this and offer our sincere apologies for the delay."
The question has been put on "hold" and the release date keeps getting pushed further and further back. What is unacceptable is that I have not been told what the delay is or what is happening. I wrote back expressing my frustation and asked for some clarification on what is happening but since then the release date has been pushed back AGAIN and I received the following message:
"Thank you for your patience.
Unfortunately, we are still waiting for an update in regards to your cashback. We will continue to monitor this and offer our sincere apologies for the delay."
For a company which prides itself on customer service, it is unbelievably poor to offer "sincere" apologies on a repeated basis without giving any indication of what is actually happening, even when asked. It is clear that absolutely no regard has been paid to my concerns as a customer and I am left feeling that I have, in effect, been duped into staying with the company on false promises. I should not have to repeatedly chase the cashback with was promised to me as an incentive to stay with Plusnet.
I'm left angry and frustrated, and if someone does not contact me with a personal response telling me what exactly is happening then I will be cancelling my contact and switching internet providers.
Abraham
4 REPLIES 4
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: NEGLIGENT CUSTOMER SERVICE is not what I expect from Plusnet - FRUSTRATED.

Please put cashback in your title  Angry
I usually avoid posts on cashback like the plague but it was four lines in before you mentioned it
Note to mods - can we have a Seperate folder for cashback queries  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Really sorry for the delay in this, unfortunately it appears your cashback slipped through the net. I'm escalating this now to see what we can do and why it's been missed off.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've responded to the ticket on your account with a resolution to this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
as87

Hi Chris,
Thank you for contacting me and helping to try and resolve this issue. I'm hopeful the steps you have proposed can be followed through.
Abraham