Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My referral is not happy :(

rhinocratic
Grafter

My referral is not happy :(

Oh dear, negative feedback when I'm so used to praising Plusnet Sad
My friend, who is an existing plusnet customer, asked me about mobile broadband for a second property. As the property has a BT landline, and the mobile reception in that village is very poor, I advised her to telephone Plusnet and ask what was on offer because Plusnet had recently provided an excellent telephone+broadband package to my daughter and been extremely helpful both in the order process and thereafter. I suggested she enquire about a phone+broadband package for when her BT contract ends early next month  - she's paid BT a year in advance.
To my surprise I've received an email from her advising that her new connection went live approx 11:30am yesterday but she has discovered there is a much better deal available and she is not impressed: 
"Actually, from being great Plusnet are currently not top of my list of best companies. When I contacted them I told them that I might want to add line rental and a call package. No one told me about the current offer of line rental at 9.45 or somesuch a month if paid in advance, plus half price broadband for the first 3 months, plus a small amount for anytime calls, plus £50 cashback and a free router. I have the free router of course. But they ought to have mentioned it as I'd have considered waiting until August and then signing up for the lot. I rather thought that they were good honest Yorkshire folk - although I was speaking to an American! Is this at all an experience that you've had?"
I must admit that I was also unaware of these offers or I would have advised her to cancel the order and wait until August but it is too late to cancel now because the service has been activated. Hence this negative feedback.
16 REPLIES 16
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: My referral is not happy :(

With the number of posts with similar dissatisfaction I've been seeing of late round these forums, I'm beginning to think that Plusnet have "done a TalkTalk"
James
Grafter

@Rhinocratic
Do me a favour and PM me your referrals username.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Sorry to hear that your friend had a bad experience, I don't have their account details so I can't check what package/price they are on.
If your friend has signed up between the eligible dates, which were between the 7th of June to the 26th of July then they automatically qualify for the cashback offer and should have received an email to be able to claim this. There was also a half price offer for 3 months broadband which again if signed up between the above dates then again your friend is eligible for that offer. Our line rental comes with as standard talk evenings and weekends that offer free calls to numbers beginning 01,02,03,0870 and most 0845 numbers, between 7PM and 7AM Monday to Friday, and all weekend, up-to one hour at a time. The line rental saver, which would be an upfront payment for the line rental for the year, would bring price the line rental to £9.49 per month if spread over the year. This can only be taken advantage of once the phone service has gone active and this would need to be done on-line <a href="http://www.plus.net/addons/line-rental-saver/">here</a>.
If any of these haven't been applied then I can get them applied or chased up which ever needs doing.
I can take a look at the account, but I would need you to PM the the username please.
I hope this will go someway to towards your helping friend's experience with us.
I'll await your response.
Chris
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am sure Chris will be along to correct his inadvertent error but the actual free calls times are
Evening & weekend calls: Means calls to UK landlines beginning with 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 made Monday-Friday 19:00-07:00 and anytime Saturday or Sunday. Calls must be started and finished within these times to be inclusive (non-chargeable).
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: chrispurvey
Our line rental comes with as standard talk evenings and weekends that offer free calls to numbers beginning 01,02,03,0870 and most 0845 numbers, between 7AM and 7PM Monday to Friday, and all weekend, up-to one hour at a time.

7PM and 7AM!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

He's corrected it!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rhinocratic
Grafter

Thanks James & Chris for replying, I've pm'd you both with her username. Thanks

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rhinocratic,
I've responded to your PM.
rhinocratic