cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My praises for Openreach and Plusnet for a change!!

OCdragon2
Grafter
Fixes: 1

My praises for Openreach and Plusnet for a change!!

I migration from O2 ADSL2+ BB to Plusnet's unlimited fibre(broadband only) has completed this morning well ahead of schedule without any hiccups at all! My initial Appointment was 1 to 6PM today but the OR's engineer came at 9:30AM instead after phoning me up early on to confirm O.K for me, and performed all necessary OR's line-tests at my Master-socket as well. He used my existing twisted "ethernet grade" cable, with my permission, to extend the Master-Socket connection to my upstairs bedroom, whereby I also wanted him to install the OR's ECI modem and PN's router co-locatedly. This was probably saving times. Before that the OR engineer also ran DL/UL speed-tests at both my Master-socket and upstairs bedroom locations respectively in order to check I wouldn't be losing too much speed in extending my VDSL connection into my upstairs bedroom! He also setup the OR's modem and PN's router for me (i.e. all FOUR green lights on the PN's router.
I am currently getting around 65Mbps downstream and roughly 15Mbps upstream with roughly < 10ms TCP latency when checking with "thinkbroadband" test tool, but it has been very consistent when I checked that with BT OR's test tool as well. So I was very surprised to have such "good" outcomes both from OR services and line-speeds too. Because my initial speed estimates were: 41Mbps D/L and 7Mbps UL only..
I hope my line-speeds will stay that ways, and in fact only time will tell. I know some of you had received exact the "opposite [censored] OR services" but, might be I was just lucky, the OR Services I received today is very good and should be praised here!!! Same thing for Plusnet too, I initially applied on-line and had chosen my fibre installation day today about 7 days ago. Every thing went smoothly without any hiccups also. Plusnet and Openreach have done a good job for me!!! Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: My praises for Openreach and Plusnet for a change!!

I think that OR get it right 99.9% of the time. You normally only read about the c*ck ups on here. My experience of the PN/ OR cooperaton was exactly the same as yours. Smiley
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

[quote=OCdragon2]Because my initial speed estimates were: 41Mbps D/L and 7Mbps UL only.
You probably thinking of Fibre Value and you probably took Fibre Unlimited (76/18)
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
OCdragon2
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Probably! I am not complaining for getting sync speeds much higher than I was initially getting. Even now, i.e at this late Saturday evening at around 8PM, I am still getting about 67Mbps D/L and around 16Mbps U/L with < 10ms latency, which is quite GOOD when comparing to my previous O2's ADSL 2+ for not more than 5.5Mbps D/L with around 30ms latency under similar conditions. One key point is I have never switched off the powers once to both the Openreach's modem and the Plusnet's router since their installations yesterday in order not to trigger the DLM taking unnecessary line-speed reduction actions!!  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm glad to read about the good experience you've had OCdragon2, this has been noted Smiley
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team