cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My god god what a suprise i have had.

pwales

My god god what a suprise i have had.

Imagine the scene just sitting down to have my tea thought i  will check to make sure the changes to my account have been completed by plusnet the fair and straight forward company.
Yes they have the £2.99 unlimited broadband is costing me £9.99 bit of a difference there then, and because i went over my allowance by 0.59 GB i have been charged an extra £5.00 aswell time for me to get up from the table and spill me soup cmon everyone lets meet in sheffield and show them you can't or dare i say shouldn't treat your captive and contracted customers like this.
12 REPLIES 12
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: My god god what a suprise i have had.

Have you only just changed to Unlimited? It's possible the charge is from the previous month, when you had a usage limit.
You do get warning emails, it doesn't come out of the blue.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

The change doesn't happen immediately it is on your next bill date. So can be a while before it kicks in.
pwales

yes received an email but was not aware the charge would be £9.99 all in all i will be paying £40 per month for a somewhat limited service Daniel at plusnet has endured my verbal rant and dealt with me in a very professional manner, why the original guy i spoke to did not tell me it would be £9.99 per month instead of £2.99 god only knows all i know is that come april when thank god my contract runs out i will go with anyone but plusnet  once they have you they squeeze all the fun out of you from the long wait times on the phone to the complete garbage of a service offered roll on april.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

You're not being charged £9.99 per month, you've been charged a one off £5 extra. Thus, you monthly is still £2.99
The email you got would have said something along the lines of "You're approaching your usage limit of XGB, If you reach this limit, we'll add another 5GB and add £5 to your next invoice" - You'd have then received another one saying "You've used up your usage... etc etc"
I'm failing to see where the surprise is.
EDIT: I think I have mis-read the original post. The £5 was on top of the £9.99? - Slightly confused now.
pwales

I beg to differ i am being charged £9.99 it is on my bill and yes i did receive an email regarding going over my usage limit, my crib is i have gone over by 0.59GB and been charged £5 for this even though i have upgraded to unlimited some one should apply common sense and fairness to the account. My other issue is that i have emails sent to tell me i am going over my usage but never until today received one to say the charge for unlimited broadband is £9.99 no £2.99 as i thought how convenient i did not get this until the bill is due. Maybe it is something i will adopt in my business i leave you with an impression of one charge and sting you with another one when i invoice you but i couldn,t  work that way i prefer to be straight and honest with my customers.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

How did you order the upgrade to Unlimited, over the phone or on-line?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pwales

order the upgrade over the phone
Mayfly
All Star

Have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick here? I've mentioned before that the PN pricing system leaves me totally confused.
Am I wrong thinking that the £2.99 price tag for unlimited is for new customers and the OP isn't a new customer because he states he's been charged £5 for going over his usage so therefore the price for his unlimited will be £9.99?
Not sure when PN would class a recently signed up customer as no longer new.
I do think PN should make a  point of telling customers they can set their capped download accounts to limit over spend to zero.

pwatson
Rising Star

I think the issue here is PN's stated policy is that introductory discounts are cancelled if you choose to move product type. 
Other's have had some success negotiating on this point...  Wink
Mayfly
All Star

Just seen the other thread - thanks.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: pwales
order the upgrade over the phone

Hopefully one of the Plusnet staff that monitor these forums will listen to your telephone call and confirm exactly what was offered. The £2.99 is normally, as others have said, for new customers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It also applies for 9 months (then changes to normal price £9.99) as part of an 18 month contract, and home phone needs to be with Plusnet.
David