cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Plusnet - Still no Fibre since April 2015,7 1/2 months after!

Alexandre
Grafter

My experience with Plusnet - Still no Fibre since April 2015,7 1/2 months after!

Summary of the situation :
23 April 2015 : Registration/setup of payments with Plusnet for "Unlimited Fibre"
Monday 11 May (1pm - 6pm ) : appointment with the engineer
Nobody turned up. No explanation from Plusnet for that no-show.
Thursday 9 July (8am - 1pm) : appointment with the engineer
Engineer came to the area, gave me a phone call, said that he came for nothing as there's no space for extra connections in the fibre cabinet.
Engineer didn't even come to the flat.
Monday 10 Aug 2015 : Plusnet sends an engineer without notification
Got SMS/email from Plusnet at *NOON* saying that an engineer is coming at *8AM* the same day on the 10th of August.
Email saying that a £50 will be due if I'm not there.
No explanation from Plusnet why this happened.
Tuesday 3 Nov (1pm - 6pm ) : appointment with the engineer
Nobody turned up. No explanation from Plusnet for that no-show.
Wednesday 4 Nov 11AM : engineer turns up unannounced
20h late, he calls me, I'm not at the flat.
No comments from Plusnet.
Today, 5th of November, still no Fibre !
23/04/2015 plusnet -21.94
24/05/2015 plusnet -15.95
24/06/2015 plusnet -15.95
24/07/2015 plusnet -15.95
28/08/2015 plusnet -15.95
20/09/2015 plusnet -16.99
30/10/2015  plusnet -16.99
Total paid for now : £119.72
20 REPLIES 20
Alexandre
Grafter

Re: My experience with Plusnet - Still no Fibre since April 2015,7 1/2 months after!

for the support, the question ID is  #103223048
I'll call support tomorrow to :
- GET MY MONEY BACK
- cancel my plan
I've also opened today a complain with OFCOM about mis-selling ISP services.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: My experience with Plusnet - Still no Fibre since April 2015,7 1/2 months after!

Did you have to take time off work for the no-shows? If so, in addition to the refund claim full compensation: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Alexandre
Grafter

@  spoon whittler : thanks I'll look into this.
Alexandre
Grafter

I had an awful conversation with the support today, got told that what I'm paying for now is the "line rental" so they can't refund anything (I don't even have a phone...),
this is so shameful as I expected to have Fibre Internet when I paid for a contract for a Fibre Internet  - not juste a line rental and several days wasted waiting for non-existing engineers !!!
I got around 2 months ago as a 'favour' a modem from Plusnet to get a temporary slow-ass ADSL connection, and Plusnet don't even want to refund me the first 4 or 5 months of payments. Horrible. Horrible...
Alexandre
Grafter

Opened the OFCOM complain 1-309766829
Alexandre
Grafter

Joshua ( from the Plusnet support ) wrote on the ticket :
I'm sorry about the issues you've experienced with Plusnet I agree it's completely unacceptable that you have not been provided with fibre broadband when you are contracted to receive it.  The thing you have been paying for is the line rental, I know this is not the service you wanted and you never use it but, it has been provided and in that case I cannot refund it.

So I learned that the Plusnet service is "completely unacceptable" but Plusnet still "cannot refund it".  Crazy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

First of all thanks for your patience and apologies for the numerous issues that have occurred.
I'd like to take ownership of this issue and investigate each of the missed engineer visits here as I'd need to understand the bigger picture before I can help to progress things.
I'm reluctant to do this in full if full if you're due to cancel as I can see we've given you an option to do that without penalty today so please let me know if that's what you wanted to proceed with or if you'd like to give me the chance to take hold of the issue and get it sorted. You should see from a lot of my past replies that I have a proven track record at resolving protracted issues such as yours.
With regards to payments you've made to us we do obviously owe you this back, we can either do this now, when the account has been cancelled or if you don't wish to cancel after I've sorted the issue so this depends too on how you'd like us to handle that and how you want us to proceed in general.
Opened the OFCOM complain 1-309766829

Just to make you aware OFCOM don't accept complaints directly from consumers, they're an industry regulator. I'm advising this just to make sure you've understood what they may have advised you. If you did wish to pursue a formal complaint please follow the advice shown here: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Alexandre
Grafter

Thank you very much Adam for your nice reply,
the contract has already been written off by Plusnet (cf question #103223048),
so I'm in the process of switching to Sky Fibre Unlimited, which will be setup on the 24th of Nov 2015.
I've also cancelled the direct debit, if that makes any difference.
Let me know what you will refund for my spending of £119.72 + multiple days of waiting at home (and calling/writing to Plusnet).
About the OFCOM, yes they are actually interested by complaints from individuals. They just asked me to start by creating a formal complain with Plusnet before going to Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Joshua from Plusnet (cf question #114089882) also recommended a me to open a formal complain after I wormed out this information from him during a 30mn call.
I'll do that if Plusnet is insisting on the fact that a "completely unacceptable" service [quote from your colleague on #114089882] is good enough for Plusnet and shouldn't be refunded.
Thanks !
Alex.
Alexandre
Grafter

Adam ?
Alexandre
Grafter

Still no news from the support ! Are you guys gone ?
Also, the cherry on the cake, I got told by Plusnet (with which my contract got cancelled) that they're trying to pick more money from my account from Direct Debit !
We couldn't take a payment for your Plusnet account
---------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, we've not received the regular payment for your service. This was due on 24-11-2015.

Why would you want to steal even more money for a contract which has been written off on the 9th of November 2015 ?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Watch out - their next move may be to pass the bill on to a debt collection agency who will add a substantial amount on for their fees.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Alexandre,
I'm sorry this hasn't been replied to yet any adjustments to billing will be dealt with as part of the cancellation process
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Alexandre
Grafter

Cancellation process ? You've already written off the contract, correct ?
What are you expecting me to do exactly ?
Alexandre
Grafter

Quote from: spoon
Watch out - their next move may be to pass the bill on to a debt collection agency who will add a substantial amount on for their fees.

Is that correct ? Do they try to pass a bill to a debt collection when the bill has been sent AFTER the contract's been written off ?