cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill just doubled? I am not happy about this!

hughhill

My bill just doubled? I am not happy about this!

Every month my bill is stable at between £30-£40 this month it is over £72 this month and nothing has changed nothing has changed.
I would like to know what has happened and why I have been hit with such a huge hike.
my Service ID is - 01749827
Invoice number is - 65446683
is there a way to see itemised calls on this transaction?
9 REPLIES 9
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: My bill just doubled? I am not happy about this!

Have you checked on  https://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html the main plusnet site?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This is the actual link for itemised calls: https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_itemised_billing&view_bill_date=
You will have to log in.
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I log in to check recent calls every day or so. After several years of arguments my brother-in-law and I have (hopefully with all fingers and toes crossed) managed to persuade our spouses that they should ring off after 55 minutes and then re-connect. The charges incurred if you go over the hour have been set by someone related I think to Scrooge, or could it be Fagin, I've certainly felt as if I've had my pockets picked once or twice!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

So what's the break down on the bill?
Have you come to the end of a discounted contact and are now on the normal price as advertised at the start of your contract?
Has your annual LRS come to an end and you've not renewed so you've also got a monthly line rental charge?
Call charges after the "free" 60 minutes are the same as those for non-inclusive calls and only the time after 60 minutes is charged for.
?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@ Townman
if as BT, the extra minutes do not attract connection charge. (just to emphasise :))
Could it ever be possible that a wrong programming could add such a charge to those minutes?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

No, there is no connection charge.  Last month a call lasting 01:01 cost me 10p
If the good ladies are timing calls upto 1 hour (rather than 50) minutes, those good byes, arrangements for call back.... Etc can soon add up @10p/minute.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It doesn't take many minutes over the hour for it to be cheaper to be paying a flat 1p per minute with no connection charge and no no call package! https://pulse8broadband.co.uk/line-packages With line rental only £13.00 you'd have to be making a LOT of calls before BT or Plusnet's line rental and anytime calls package started to save you money.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The only thing which would worry me about that is that the phone line may be LLU
Apparently that doesn't affect fibre (Robertos did it) but it may affect ADSL from Plusnet
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

The itemised billing shown by Plusnet is very clear so it should be easy enough for hughhill to assure himself that the correct charges are being made.
The starting point is to look at the actual bill and see whether the perceived price rise lies, whether in rental, features or call charges.
Tony S