cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bad fibre customer experience

stuartjsmith
Hooked

My bad fibre customer experience

So after placing my order for fibre at the beginning of Feb and waiting 3 weeks for it to be installed, yesterday, they managed to activate adsl instead. No one has bothered to phone me, no one has apologised, there was just some message in my account saying that my broadband had been activated and that they would now convert the order to fibre. There was also an internal message which I presumably wasn't meant to see, that said they have ordered adsl by mistake.

After a lot of back and forth on twitter, I have been told I have to now supposedly wait another 2 weeks for my fibre to be activated, and I have asked for a call back from someone, a manager, to explain what they think they are playing at, I'd also at least like some form of apology for this stupid mistake along with a financial reimbursement, it means I cannot work from home which I do every Thursday (I am currently getting speeds of less than 1mb this evening so have gone onto 4G instead (although I am of course now being billed for fibre)) and will need to pay for childcare for two whole Thursdays.

I am so annoyed by the crappy service and lack of proper contact and honesty telling me they made a mistake. AND I'm an ex employee so that makes me extra annoyed with the incompetence! (And probably explains why I can see the internal message)

Utterly Rubbish Customer Experience.
18 REPLIES 18
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: My bad fibre customer experience

Hi there,

Having reviewed your account, I am really sorry to see that an ADSL order was placed instead of fibre despite the house move ticket advising the broadband product you've chosen is fibre.

I can see my colleague has placed your fibre order yesterday and we've initially requested the date of 28th February as we have to give our suppliers minimum lead time of 7 days.

This was pushed back to the 6th March due to engineer availability in your area I'm afraid.

Once more, please accept my apologies and we will absolutely provide you with a refund of your fibre subscription charges until you're back up and running with fibre.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
stuartjsmith
Hooked

This isn't really a satisfactory response, through mistakes made directly by plusnet I now have to wait an additional 2 weeks, which is costing me personally approximately £80 for two days childcare, which I would not have to pay if plusnet had not made a mistake. I am not asking for you to cover those costs, we all make mistakes, however to only say that you will bill me for fibre when I get fibre is pretty lacklustre and the very, very least I would expect.

Most companies would at least offer a goodwill gesture, not just say "yeah, we screwed up, I'll tell you what though, we'll not bill you for the bit we screwed up". That should really go without saying!

This has caused a (not insignificant) cost to me, I'd want you to at least attempt to reduce some of that incurred cost. As far as I can tell your mistake has cost plusnet nothing since you're 'offering' to bill me the full amount when you actually start supplying me with what I ordered. I cannot use the internet you have mistakenly given me in the interim, I am getting speeds of less than 1mb and it's useless for anything. It's not a great start to a new relationship is it, especially when you've tied me into a 2 year contract.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Anoush do you think PN has done this customer Proud Huh

Once Again !!  mistakes that shouldn't happen Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@stuartjsmith - I'll be happy to check back on your account once the fibre order completes and then personally look into offering you with a gesture of goodwill. Once again, I sincerely apologise that this had happened in the first place.

@rongtw - I agree, with a bit of care and attention when placing the order this could have been avoided and I will be passing on feed back to my manager for the adviser in question.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

In this case nothing less than full compensation for all the additional costs incurred should be given. Yhey'd have a really strong case if they took it to the small claims court.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
stuartjsmith
Hooked

I am assuming that this is all going ahead today, I have received no further communication since 22nd Feb confirming this? I would have at least expected a text or something this morning to say it was being installed today.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just taking a look at your order I can confirm it's still going ahead for today. I'll monitor your account and I'll be in touch with you to discuss a gesture of goodwill either by end of day or tomorrow.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience and frustration caused.

stuartjsmith
Hooked

Just arrived home, my speed is still below 1mb, explanation please.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It can take anytime up to midnight for the order to complete on our suppliers systems.

stuartjsmith
Hooked

1/2 mb download speed. I can't say I'm in the least bit surprised, I am however extremely fed up. Once again, can I have an explanation please. It would also be quite nice if it was just sorted out.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Leave this with me, I'll look into things once I am in the office.

Just after midnight this morning we've been advised of a delay by our suppliers. I'll update you further once I know more.

Thanks for your patience @stuartjsmith

Our suppliers have advised me that the work hasn't been carried out yesterday due to engineer availability. We are to expect the job to complete today.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

As per update via your account just now, your order has completed but it's in sync at 1.5 Mbps. Testing your line has indicated a possible external fault which I've raised through to BTW/Openreach now.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

stuartjsmith
Hooked

A full five weeks after placing this order, I finally have an active fibre connection, but it now has an external fault? Is this not something the open reach engineer could have dealt with when he made whatever changes he has made today?!

This is beyond a joke.

From your own FAQ's:

"How long does it take to set up?

If you're new to broadband your service should be up and running after 5-10 working days."

That'll be 16th February then will it?

stuartjsmith
Hooked

@Anoush - the engineer has now got my line syncing at 11.5, but the throughput at 1.5MB, is this something that you can sort out ASAP? 

He has now left - was syncing at 15.1 when he went. He has said that it lies with you guys to sort out now as it would appear you are capping my throughput for some reason. Please can someone, anyone resolve this for me today? It has now been 5 1/2 weeks since I placed my order.