cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Last phone call to the help line.

John_Campbell
Dabbler

My Last phone call to the help line.

Angry I just have to get this of my chest as they say.  Hello chaps and chapesses. John Campbell here Avoca 10 .I rang up late January over my e-mail address. O.K. I Should now it by now but it just slipped my mind { the tablets arn,t workin.} It had taken me a while to get through which i accept. But the guy I spoke to was quite abrupt and short handed with me to put it mildly.  And with not much time for me,saying to hurry up . So I had to get into a discussion with him that I was paying for the phone call anyway. Unfortunatly I did,t get his name. to report him to a supervisor about his attitude towards me. And as I have been working away it is only now I have had time to  (Get my comments off my chest as the say) Hope to hear from you soon. JC Avoca10. P.S. Can you send a reply to my  yahoo. address.Cheers JC
Arrrrrr I feel better now .
20 REPLIES 20
geewizz
Grafter

Re: My Last phone call to the help line.

hello John,
Here at the community forums we take these matters very seriously and to that end we have shut down our helpline until the matter has been fully investigated by the police. When we get a confession from the culprit you can be assured that he will be dealt with severely.
I hope that resolves the matter.
James
Grafter

When was this phone call?
From a quick look, you haven't called us since January 26th?
geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
When was this phone call?
From a quick look, you haven't called us since January 26th?

That fits with the description "late January".
Holmes, I think we may be onto something. Fetch me my fiddle and a packet of Mentoes. It's going to be a long night..
James
Grafter

@Anotherone - Yes alright cleverclogs Wink
@John - I'm surprised by this as the person I believe that you spoke is normally one of our most custoemr focussed members of staff and more than often goes well beyond what's normally needed.
As far as I understand things, you were having trouble setting up your modem because your "@" key appeared to be broken.  Obviously I don't have a full history of the call itself, but I'm sorry if you felt poorly treated.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Is that classed as libel - calling geewizz  Anotherone  or vice versa  Grin
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

But have you ever seen geewizz and Anotherone post in the same thread?
Could they be one and the same  Shocked
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
craigyoung
Grafter

I'm more concerned by James' blatant effort to get past the swear filter -
Quote from: Jameseh

because your "@" key appeared to be broken. 

I always have problems with my "@" keys and my "@%* monitor is broken but I don't @;$% phone up to complain about it.   Grin
James
Grafter

Ooops!
Anotherone had pointed out to me my schoolboy error by PM and I'd merely assumed that I was replying to him without checking!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well they are both reputed to be bright sparks  Cool Roll_eyes Cool
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Not the schoolboy error as you now know James Wink
As for the others - A libel indeed  Tongue Go stand in the corner with a pointed hat on for punishment Huh
As for that Mod, I think we'll cut off his priveledges  Shocked
AlwaysJJ

Hi all,
just wanted to show some support to John Campbell, whilst at the same time getting some issues of my chest.  I made a phone call to customer service just yesterday (14/2/09) and I must say I was quite shocked and dissapointed by the treatment and level of professionalism.  The person I spoke to, who I have got the name of and have reported to the Support Team, was very rude, abrubt and incompetant.  Here's a part of the conversation that should make everyone laugh: my tariff allows me 2gb Bandwidth per month, but as we all know we have free allowance between 12 and 8am.  So my usage this month is at 8gb and I have paid for an extra 1GB allowance during peak hours.  Here's the funny part, the advisor, on a serious note, actually accused me of breaking the LAW by using 8GB.  Can you believe the accusation, and he was quite serious, as you can imagine I was furious.  In anycase when we discussed the free allowance hours he requested that I call him back in ten minutes so that he can research and read up about the free hours I was talking about.  (How can he work for plusnet and not be aware of this).  I would also like to mention at this point that he was the senior member of staff at the time, as the person who answered the phone was even more incompetant.  Now anyone, please tell me, I BEG you to give me guidance, how is anything meant to get resolved with this level of incompetanccy.  After banging my head against the wall for over an hour, and still going over the same basic conversation, I ensured that he raised this with the support team where I will see if my intial problem is resolved and if this advisor is dealt with.
Sorry I know I've gone on abit but I just had to. bye now.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I just hope that wasn't a call routed to another Plusnet office - if it was I fear we may be seeing more of that sort of thing!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I hope James will pick this up Monday and see that it's escalated to a senior level.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: jelv
I just hope that wasn't a call routed to another Plusnet office - if it was I fear we may be seeing more of that sort of thing!

Another PN office - tell us more Shocked