cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Feedback is bad, so if you feel I am trolling don't read.

flexo1966
Grafter

My Feedback is bad, so if you feel I am trolling don't read.

Having tried ringing yesterday(and today) I gave up after 30 minutes.
Please let me leave this disgrace of a company.
Went with plusnet because it was endorsed by Which? Magazine.
It took over 2 months to get my phone and broadband running.
This entailed the engineer failing to turn up for the initial connection, two accounts being opened, my phone number of 20 years being lost, all phone sockets in the house being disabled and still after all this time slow connection speed.
So I pick up the phone and call "customer support". Give me a break please, support ? I was on the phone for 1 hour and 40 minutes two Fridays ago for plusnet to agree to an engineer come out.
I then got a e-mail saying that the engineer had been and the problems with the phone sockets and speed issues had been fixed.
What engineer I asked after waiting 43 minutes to get an answer from "customer support". How can say it's is fixed when no one has been ? Idiots.
Two days later I get an e-mail saying there had been a mistake and the engineer would arrive on either the 22/23/24 of July.
22/23//24 came and passed and no engineer.
However he did turn up unannounced on the 25 !
This guy seemed to know what he was talking about and told me all about dropwire 8 and what should happened on a initial install
Then I get a phone call saying sorry and that plusnet will offer me some sort of compensation.....won't hold my breath.
Another point is that plusnet software doesn't support Mac o/s.
So there is no plusnet assist or McAfee which I am paying for.
Talktalk had a family filter so with a press of a button you can mediate what family can see or not.
I pay for 76Meg broadband and when they first assessed my line they told me I would only be able to get 63Meg max.
So here for all to see after over 2 months is what plusnet are supplying me. Yet they still continue to charge for 76Meg.
I didn't do my homework before I agreed to this contract and am now paying the price for this company's gross incompetence.
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD THESE CLOWNS HAVE NO IDEA FULL STOP.
The screen shot taken was at 21.44hours and was a wired connection to my router.
46 REPLIES 46
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: My Feedback is bad, so if you feel I am trolling don't read.

In your post above you have detailed BT Openreach's incompetence and then ended it by blaming Plusnet.
I will be interested to see what Plusnet have to say tomorrow.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I decided on a whim that you must be trolling so did not read your post as instructed.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Strat
In your post above you have detailed BT Openreach's incompetence and then ended it by blaming Plusnet.
At the end of the day, the contract is with PlusNet; BTOR are only subcontractors that customers have no direct access to and PlusNet are responsible for managing the services provided.
So, yes, it is PlusNet's "fault" and, as we all know, they probably could do better in managing what is, again as we all know, a frequently unhelpful organisation and communicating with the customer.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Aside from the time it takes to get the phone answered, whilst PlusNET remain accountable, none of your complaint is their fault.  The fault and responsibility for failure lay with BTOR, upon whom all ISPs are equally reliant.  If BTOR service is so poor in your area, then you could have had similar issues with which ever ISP you chose, including BT Retail.
Some areas of the country are predominantly serviced by BTOR subcontractors (rather than own staff) at least one of whom has a very poor reputation for not turning up and doing a very poor job when they do.  PlusNET are not alone in having the issues you have encountered in areas where these subcontractors operate.
Hope your problem is soon resolved.  As for PlusNET assist not working on macs, don't worry, you are not missing anything.  The tool only does the most basic of checks which anyone with a modicum of skill can readily do for themselves.
Troll
Quote from: http
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

For example...
Quote from: flexo1966
Ha Ha, this has now become a comedy. I will post derogatory, albeit true comments about plusnet untill you clowns have sorted YOUR contract out.
Pillocks absolutely pillocks.Two bob numb nuts trying to play with the big boys.

Taken from a thread which has been professionally managed by Plusnet's support staff and awaits a response from the customer to make arrangements for engineer access.  Sometimes, people seeking help do themselves no favours.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi flexo1966,
Thanks for getting back to us on this matter, and thanks for explaining the various situations that you've experienced during the attempts at resolving the fault. Unfortunately we haven't been able to progress this as we have yet to see any answers to the questions posted both here in the initial thread or here on the support ticket.
We made the necessary arrangements to raise the fault and have even identified what we believe to be the cause however we're now at the point where we would need to book an engineer to attend both the exchange and the property in order to attempt a resolution.
If you can provide us with a response on the support ticket regarding the booking of an engineer appointment, we will gladly raise this and arrange for one to attend but unfortunately our hands are tied until we can get the answers to these questions from you.
I'll continue to monitor the support ticket as before and action your request with haste once we're in receipt of it.
Criticmonkey

Agreed. The fault lies with the people you are giving your money to. Plusnet are failing me too.
Lodge01
Grafter

Quote from: flexo1966
Having tried ringing yesterday(and today) I gave up after 30 minutes.
Please let me leave this disgrace of a company.
Went with plusnet because it was endorsed by Which? Magazine.
It took over 2 months to get my phone and broadband running.
This entailed the engineer failing to turn up for the initial connection, two accounts being opened, my phone number of 20 years being lost, all phone sockets in the house being disabled and still after all this time slow connection speed.
So I pick up the phone and call "customer support". Give me a break please, support ? I was on the phone for 1 hour and 40 minutes two Fridays ago for plusnet to agree to an engineer come out.
I then got a e-mail saying that the engineer had been and the problems with the phone sockets and speed issues had been fixed.
What engineer I asked after waiting 43 minutes to get an answer from "customer support". How can say it's is fixed when no one has been ? Idiots.
Two days later I get an e-mail saying there had been a mistake and the engineer would arrive on either the 22/23/24 of July.
22/23//24 came and passed and no engineer.
However he did turn up unannounced on the 25 !
This guy seemed to know what he was talking about and told me all about dropwire 8 and what should happened on a initial install
Then I get a phone call saying sorry and that plusnet will offer me some sort of compensation.....won't hold my breath.
Another point is that plusnet software doesn't support Mac o/s.
So there is no plusnet assist or McAfee which I am paying for.
Talktalk had a family filter so with a press of a button you can mediate what family can see or not.
I pay for 76Meg broadband and when they first assessed my line they told me I would only be able to get 63Meg max.
So here for all to see after over 2 months is what plusnet are supplying me. Yet they still continue to charge for 76Meg.
I didn't do my homework before I agreed to this contract and am now paying the price for this company's gross incompetence.
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD THESE CLOWNS HAVE NO IDEA FULL STOP.
The screen shot taken was at 21.44hours and was a wired connection to my router.

Fortunately, I heard on the radio last week that Ofcom are considering implementing new regulations/rules or whatever which will protect the customer from poor ISP's & their bad service.
As I heard it, allowing customers out of their contracts without unnecessary hassle & penalties. Also entitling customers to full refunds & compensation from their ISP's.
Nothing on the Ofcom's website as of yet.... but let hope this happens, & happens quickly!
If/when it happens i've no doubt service & ticket times will rapidly improve! Though sadly, I fear prices will sky rocket too!
CAT & MOUSE.
I, "again", am experiencing an unstable & yo-yoing broadband connection, after having an exchange fault fixed only less than two months ago. (Took PlusNet four months or more to identify the problem. Also attempted to deceive me by withholding & not acting on vital info concerning the faults origins.)
Re: Current fault - I've had no reply to my ticket since the 1st of August.
Sadly, plusnet are not unique in their poor service & reliability. Thankfully, using this forum does appear to get things resolved sooner!
As I've said elsewhere, this forum & the very competent staff present on it, seem to be PlusNet's only saving grace!
[EDIT] Lol. Reply just received. "Ticket placed on hold until the 8th." Grrr!!!
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Lodge01,
Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding the drops you've started to see again.
From looking at your account it seems that the testing has been completed and a phone line fault has possibly been flagged which has now been raised to the supplier for further testing and resolution. You should see some movement on this by the 07/08/14 and we apologies for the inconvenience in getting this resolved.
Lodge01
Grafter

Cheers Adam,
The details are much appreciated!
flexo1966
Grafter

picbits
Rising Star

*Up to* 76Mb broadband - that is the maximum under ideal circumstances.
I was stuck with 4Mb broadband for years before FTTC arrived. When I found I could get 50Mb speeds, I jumped at the chance. As it worked out I got around 73Mb which has settled at around 55-58Mb after 18 months as the line has settled.
Work with them - hopefully they will sort it out if you give them the chance. There is obviously something very wrong somewhere.
flexo1966
Grafter

So I have paid for 76 meg b/band which I was well aware I would not get.
From plusnet when I took the contract,
Your estimated broadband speed is 63 Mbps
Speed estimates represent the maximum speed your phone line can support .
My question is there a minimum speed that all isp's must supply to service there contracts.
I find incredulous that they sell these speeds in which they have no chance of ever supplying.
On a 76 meg what is the lowest speed that an isp must supply by law.....anyone know Huh
picbits
Rising Star

BT estimate the line speed based on the distance from the cabinet and the quality of the lines in the area. I strongly suspect they also vary these speed estimates as more users sign up to FTTC and they get a better idea of other unknown factors such as line inductance / capacitance / attenuation / crosstalk etc etc.
The lines on my estate are notoriously bad in places. My next door neighbour squeezes 30Mb out of her FTTC through TalkTalk - this is the maximum it will support. My line happily bumbles along at 55-58Mb.
You could switch to an alternative (i.e. BT / TalkTalk) FTTC provider but if there is an issue with your line or internal wiring you will have exactly the same problem but potentially with less helpful customer support.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

What is little understood / realised is that the "up to" speed is a "standard" set by Ofcom and is based on the lowest speed of what the TOP 10% of users get.  This is set by BT Wholesale / BTOR not the ISP.
Further synch speed is solely within the "gift" of BTOR, not the ISP, so when you ask what is the lowest speed "by law" which must be provided, then it is of BTOR that the question needs to be asked.  There is no law on such matters, beyond the respresentation of goods / services legislation, which brings you back to the "up to" rules.
There is a marked difference between the capability of technology and its effective performance in the real world - many of the cars we all own are more than capable of doing 120-140mph, however for the common good, we are not allowed to drive them faster that 70mph on specified roads, even then if there are a lot of people trying to do the same all together, then the attainable speed might only be 40mph.  In someways the Internet is no different.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.