cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house shouldn't be this hard

DeathCubeK
Grafter

Re: Moving house shouldn't be this hard

Am I going to incur charges for the remaining months on my contract if we go that route?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

More importantly will you lose service between the 'Cease' and the reactivation?  Recent quotes by PN suggest a cease being actioned by BTOR in 1 day, whilst line activation is 5 days or more.

All because the BTOR records are faulty!

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@DeathCubeK wrote:
Am I going to incur charges for the remaining months on my contract if we go that route?

Unfortunately so, as you were in contract before your house move. The figure is near the bottom of the initial response on the house move ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=152600514

@MauriceC wrote:

More importantly will you lose service between the 'Cease' and the reactivation?  Recent quotes by PN suggest a cease being actioned by BTOR in 1 day, whilst line activation is 5 days or more.

All because the BTOR records are faulty!

Maurice

I don't see how this is a record issue. Huh

The line was ceased the same day. We reactivated the line the next day, and the day after the broadband service reactivated upon the order reaching the committed (KCI2) stage.

As per this response, the OP is back online 36 hours after it was ceased.

@Gandalf wrote:

Glad to hear it, and see.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet