Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house just cost me £150 + charged by plusnet

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Moving house just cost me £150 + charged by plusnet

@ adamwalker Ok you can't refund over £55 instantly but how about £50 3 times, common sense no?  If its the third or fourth week of the month then money is short for most people and £150 from anyone's account can easily put them overdrawn with added bank charges which they again have to claim back from you.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

but how about £50 3 times, common sense no?

Unfortunately only 1 refund can be instigated per invoice, so refunding 3 * £50 wouldn't have been possible unfortunately.
So are you refunding his consequential loses as well?

Any bank fees levied or similar we'll certainly be able to sort something out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

look around todays posting, you have got at least three more new customers being double billed
Chris
Legend

Yes, we've seen those and I believe they are being dealt with on the threads raised for them. We know the billing system isn't perfect, it's being worked on and the bugs ironed out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

NO-ONE  bothered to look at mine, i had to PM Mand
dick:quote
Chris
Legend

Sorry that you had to PM Mand, we would have picked up your thread today but sometimes the order we look at them seems a bit odd as most of us use the 'unread posts' link rather than browsing forums individually.
bigwobble

Just checked my bank account.............................No refund as yet.
24 hours more to allow for any delay ha ha, don't hold out much hope though.
I do note that plusnet are willing to refund any financial loss caused by their mistake. That's very nice of them. Unfortunately, there probobly wont be any & so the fact that they have BORROWED my money without consent  for the last 10 days does not count as a financial loss. However, my interest rate on unauthorised borrowing is £25 per day or part of plus 8.6% of the total ammount calculated daily. 24 hours grace plusnet....................You will then here from me again
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Most "reasonable" companies will make an appropriate goodwill gesture.
Normally this will be:
1. Once everything is otherwise fully resolved (no interim payments except in cases of EXTREME financial difficulty)
2. Have no formal acceptance of responsibilities for consequential loss (but should be taken into account in the sum offered)
Being reasonable and carefully pointing out ALL the inconvenience, lost time and direct/indirect costs you've incurred usually works.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

There is a comment from PN a lot earlier that they think the £150 was taken from your card, that is where they paid it back to, hence the 24 hrs.  A payment by PN to your bank account take them at least 7 days  (Dont tell the bank that they will laugh)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Payments to cards can also take several days to appear, even assuming you have online access to view the account.
bigwobble

Well…. We have a result. The money has appeared back into my account today, in full (no compensation offered…) and so I guess that’s it? But no, wait, there’s more!
I have just logged into my plusnet member centre and look what I now find. Every payment for my monthly account must be authorised by me before they can debit anything. Is this just for little old me, or have I managed to change the world? This is what I find…..
"Authorise your Debit Card account payment
Please be aware that the regular payment for your Plusnet Value account is due on the 17 April 2010. When paying for your account by Debit Card each payment must be authorised before we can debit the money from your account. Please authorise this payment below to avoid any unnecessary disruption to your Internet access.
Why not make it easier for next time?
If you do not want to authorise your Debit Card each time, change to Direct Debit for your next payment. It's simple to change to Direct Debit in two quick steps, and there are no extra charges for you to pay. If you choose to move to Direct Debit and your next payment is due before the Direct Debit is set up, payment will be authorised using your Debit Card."
What a fantastic idea. Now this sort of thing should never happen again! So I guess that’s it then, but no there’s more.
I was about to authorise the next payment when I noticed that my monthly charge has now GONE UP £1…….. I need to open a new thread!
Chris
Legend

Let me go and see what's going on with your account and get back to you shortly.
Chris
Legend

I've updated the ticket on your account with my findings and ensured that your future bills are correct. Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues I can help with.
bigwobble

As a footnote to all this I would like to add the following ‘positive’ things regarding my plusnet experiences.
Broadband speed 8/10 (but I am only half a mile from exchange)
Reliability 9/10
Initial setup and service 10/10
Moving house/moving broadband 10/10 (billing problems excepted)
My overall experience with plusnet has been very good until now, let’s hope it continues.
bigwobble

Well… hello again! Thought this was all finished with, but, oh no…..
Plus net were very good enough to give me 2 months compensation for the problems they incurred on my bank account which I thought was a realistic compensation.
HOWEVER…….. Despite the offer, and a couple of emails each way MY NEXT BILLING DATE IS STILL…………….AND WILL NO DOUBT BE DEBITED FROM MY CARD as 17/04/10 when it should be 17/06/10! For F***S sake PlusNet what will it take to get things right?  You know, the only decent thing I have to say is that I can post this by a reasonable speed via your broadband, as at least that IS working……………. Crazy