cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house just cost me £150 + charged by plusnet

bigwobble

Moving house just cost me £150 + charged by plusnet

Angry
Beware if you move house, plusnet charged me over £150, taken straight off my debit card, no warning just for moving house. When i quiried it they said it was a computer error!!! and the money has been refunded. That was over a week ago and the money is STILL NOT IN MY ACCOUNT. This is absolutely discusting from plusnet and the haven't even has the common decency to even email an apology to me. It might be understandable if i was moving my broardband to another supplier, but the best bit is that i agreed to sign up for another 12 months because the move would be FREE........... Grin
30 REPLIES 30
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moving house just cost me £150 + charged by plusnet

bigwobble,
I have just checked your account and can see that the fee was indeed taken in error as part of a recent problem and was not intended to be a fee for the move. To elaborate this problem meant that some customers who had a PSTN cease raised against a line (PSTN being the telephony service) had their account closed and a cancellation fee taken automatically. This issue was initially caused by BT's systems incorrectly reporting these cease orders (intended to remove a broadband service such as from your old line for example) and then led to our systems closing your account and levying a fee incorrectly.
I have raised a query against your account to outline this in more detail and would like to offer our sincere apologies. The problem has been rectified and a refund is in the course of being done right now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: adamwalker
bigwobble,
I have raised a query against your account to outline this in more detail and would like to offer our sincere apologies. The problem has been rectified and a refund is in the course of being done right now.

How long will this take to reach his account Adam?  It does seem quite unreasonable that such large sum not be refunded immediately since it was a Plusnet system error that created the problem
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It should be within 24 hours as it appears to be a card refund. I agree that it should have been refunded immediately and is being progressed as fast as it can.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the trouble is with card refunds, and I speak from personal experience this year,  An incorrect amount was taken from my card, right at the end of a period, it was an error on the part of the card company
I got the bill a few days later and contested the amount, over £100  they said yes we know we have refunded it, but it was in the next period.  They insisted that I paid the incorrect bill and was not allowed to deduct the sum.  Took it as high as I could, but my Bank balance was out of pocket for over a month to the tune of £100.  Their answer just like PN tough
Chris
Legend

@pierre_pierre
That doesn't sound like what I'm saying here, the refund will be issued this afternoon and should be back with bigwobble shortly after that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes back in his card but if it is near the end of the month Angry Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all,
Just to clarify the situation here it was not possible to perform an instant refund in this instance. As in the majority of cases when a refund over £55 is required we have to approach a line manager as they usually have permissions to perform refunds over and above that amount. Ergo I raised this internally to a line manager who shortly after actioned a refund. As mentioned by Chris that money should reach bigwobble's account within 24 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bigwobble

Thought this might rattle a few chains at plusnet.... Can someone please tell me why I needed to post this on this forum & why my money was not refunded straight away? (still not in account today by the way). I forgot to mention in the original post that it also cost me over £6 on my mobile phone talking to a plustnet 'customer services' rep who was in SOUTH AFRICA about this who suggested i ring back in the morning as the moving home team, in Sheffield, had all gone home at 5 o’clock. This seems to be a recurring problem with plusnet after looking through other threads.
I will make this pledge to plusnet.
IF THE MONEY YOU TOOK FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT WITHOUT AUTHOURISATION IS NOT IN MY ACCOUNT WITHIN 24 HOURS, I WILL SUE YOU AND REPORT YOU TO TRADEING STANDARDS. FURTHERMORE I WILL BE SEEKING COMPENSATION FOR FOR MY LOSS.
I don’t care what caused the problem, who caused it or whatever excuse you come up with about line managers etc.
PLUSNET YOU HAVE UNTIL THIS TIME TOMORROW.
By the way, note my company website and its consequences!
westy125
Dabbler

Civil action......
Sue...............
Loss of interest etc.................
Most people dont even check their bank statements, so I wonder how many others this has happend to???????
Oh by the way Plusnet, this is called freedom of speach..............
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes you had a beef Westy,but unlike some other ISP's we do have freedom of speech here, but `with a few forum rules on the formatting generally, which you generally havnt broken, hope you enjoy your new ISP but O2 and PN are hard to beat
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

bigwobble ,
To confirm, the refund was actioned at roughly 3.30PM yesterday. I have double checked with our finance team for you to see how long these refunds seem to be taking to get through, where as most do reach accounts within 24 hours of issue some I have been informed that some are taking up to 48 at the moment. The chances are at this stage you may receive the funds back today, otherwise we need to set an expectation that it may be tomorrow. I would also like to stress that this will take no longer than that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: bigwobble
Beware if you move house, plusnet charged me over £150, taken straight off my debit card, no warning just for moving house. When i quiried it they said it was a computer error!!! and the money has been refunded. That was over a week ago and the money is STILL NOT IN MY ACCOUNT.

Quote from: adamwalker
To confirm, the refund was actioned at roughly 3.30PM yesterday.

So bigwobble being told on Monday (or earlier) that the money had been refunded was a lie!
Why has it taken well over a week to action a refund for someone who has had £150 stolen from them?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

So bigwobble being told on Monday (or earlier) that the money had been refunded was a lie!

From what I can tell looking at the account, there were 2 incorrect invoices raised. 1 of them was removed before the payment was taken and the other unfortunately wasn't. The first one of these would have been showing as refunded which I believe is where the confusion has come in here. The second one has been refunded and should be back with bigwobble shortly.
Why has it taken well over a week to action a refund for someone who has had £150 stolen from them?

It shouldn't have taken that long to process the refund and we can only apologise for that.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So are you refunding his consequential loses as well?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)