cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home or office, Think very carefully !

AmBush2k
Hooked

Moving home or office, Think very carefully !

First off I do not expect this post to achieve any miracles to expedite our order, nor do i expect any more Empty promises, false sympathy or meaningless apologies. 

(My hope is others see this and think very carefully about their options and MAYBE Plusnet to Take note

[quote]*Home or office move FAQs

Moving can be a pretty stressful experience, so whether it's a new home or office you're going to, we'll try and make taking Plusnet with you as easy as possible.

First, you'll need to tell us when you're moving and where you're moving to. Three weeks' notice would be ideal, giving us plenty of time to get everything set up.

You'll also need to get your phone line provider (if it's not already us) to give you a date for when that will be set up. Also ask them for a Linked Order Reference Number (LORN).

Then just give us a call on 0800 013 2632 and leave the heavy lifting to us.*[quote]

Oh really,  I'm over 50 and have a bad back One less worry.  That's brilliant.(or so i thought)

[quote]*You're off to a new address

It's easy to take Plusnet with you to your new home.

Just call us on 0800 587 1952 and tell us:

• Your Plusnet username
  • Your current telephone number
  • Your new home address
  • Your move date (give us as much notice as you can, ideally 2-3 weeks)

Then relax. We're sure you'll be busy - so we'll take care of the rest. In most cases Plusnet broadband and phone is set up and ready for the day you move into your new home.

Need help or more info? Give us a call or read our Moving Guide FAQs(this link opens in a new window or tab).*[quote]

They make it sound so easy right? thats what we thought

Before we phoned, myself and partner had a discussion which was something like this.

Her: I think you Should Terminate your contract With Plusnet and I'll open a new one?

Me: Naaa, it wouldnt be any quicker

Her: Should we Switch ISP

Me: Lets have a look, After a lot of searching and consideration The answer was no, I know they get things wrong a lot but their cheap.(She doesn't talk to me now)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst

4:37pm, Sunday 27 Oct 2019

Dear Mr NNNNNN,

Thank you for calling and requesting a house move. The information below is what we will use to stay in contact with you and to place your order for the move of service.

Please if you get a chance can you check and confirm the details below. If anything is incorrect please ensure you let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure everything is completed without problems.

New address:
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXRoad
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXX XXX

Cease date: 2019-11-06

Your Minimum Guaranteed Speed is : 38.5Mb

We do have a help and support page that may prove to be of some use to you. You can find this here: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/moving_guide.shtml
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4:42pm, Sunday 27 Oct 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

Thank you for contacting us and taking our service at your new address. The information below is what we will use to stay in contact with you and to place your order for the move of service and we will do all we can to make it as hassle free as possible.

Please if you get a chance can you check and confirm the details below. If anything is incorrect please ensure you let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure everything is completed without problems.

# HOUSE MOVE #
House: XXXXXXX
Street: XXXXXXXX
Town / City: XXXXXX
County: XXXXXXX
Postcode: XXX XXX

Line status at new property: New Line Installation
Move Date: 06/11/2019
Cease Date: 06/11/2019
Preferred Appointment Slot: PM
Broadband Product: FIBRE EXTRA
Contact Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Broadband Package/Price: £19.49 per month
Anytime calls: £8.00 per month from ( 03/12/2019 )
Phone Package/Price: £18.99 per month
Line Activation Cost: Waived
New Router Required? No
Contract Length: 24 months
Monthly Cancellation Costs After Move: £11.61 per month remaining on the contract

Your new 24 month contract starts on the day that either your phone or broadband service is activated (whichever happens first)

Current Contract Start Date: 10-May-2019
Current Contract End Date: 09-May-2021
Current Cancellation Costs: £220.59 (these only apply if the house move does not complete and you cancel your account)

We estimate your broadband speed should be between 43 Mbps and 61 Mbps and your minimum guaranteed speed is 38.5 Mbps.

*SNIP THE BLURB*

Kind regards,
[CSA Removed]
Plusnet Support - CSC Analyst
6:28pm, Sunday 27 Oct 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

I have now placed an order to install your telephone line and broadband service at your new address. We have requested the next available date for the date of the appointment and we will contact you if this date changes. If you are unable to make this date then please contact us at least 2 working days in advance of the appointment so we can rearrange. If the appointment is missed, a one off charge of £65 and a full explanation of the charge will be added to your account within 50 days of the original appointment. If this wasn’t the date you requested at first we have had to request the next available date and apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Phone order reference: OR0000011294902
Broadband order reference: 4-814151403123
Provisional phone number: nnnnnnnnnn

If there is anything else that we can help with then please do not hesitate to get back in touch. You can reply to this ticket through the Member Centre Contact us facility or you can call us on 0800 432 0200

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support

[Email notification sent to: nnnnnnn@nnnnnnn.com] 

[Sms Message: I have now placed an order to install your telephone line and broadband service at your new address. We have requested the next available date for the date of the appointment and and we will contact you if this changes.]

Yay, thats it now all we need worry about i moving.
6:28pm, Sunday 27 Oct 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

I am putting this ticket on hold for the date we requested. We will update this ticketId should we have a further update.

If there is anything else that we can help with then please do not hesitate to get back in touch. You can reply to this ticket through the Member Centre Contact us facility or you can call us on 0800 432 0200

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 29th October at 10:00pm.

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support
7:37pm, Sunday 27 Oct 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNNNN,

Your order is currently progressing through our automated systems and we will review this shortly.

Don’t worry, you don’t need to contact us, we will check your orders and contact you in due course with an update if anything has changed.

Phone order reference: OR0000011295025

New provisional number: NNNNNNNNNNN

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support

The Question 195548070 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - House Moves NLI
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

I am putting this ticket on hold for the date we requested. We will update this ticket should we have a further update.

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 29th October at 10:00pm.

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support
12:20pm, Monday 28 Oct 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

We have been notified of a change on your order by our suppliers. One of our team will be looking in to it, and will be in touch.

OR0000011295029

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support
12:20pm, Monday 28 Oct 2019
The Question 195548070 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - House Moves NLI
1:13pm, Monday 28 Oct 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

We have been notified of a change on your order by our suppliers. One of our team will be looking in to it, and will be in touch.

OR0000011295026

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support

1:20pm, Monday 28 Oct 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

OR0000011294903

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support
[CSA Removed]  - CSC Analyst
10:15am, Monday 4 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

Good Morning,

Im sorry I was unable to speak with yourself regarding your account.

The reason for the call was to confirm your previous house move orders were cancelled by our systems so I have now replaced your orders and we will confirm your activation date and installation appointment date within the next 24-48 working hours.

Order Reference:

Phone - OR0000011324735
Broadband - 4-814777388188
Telephone number - 01202395734

We will update this ticket with any future updates however, if you do have any additional queries, please don’t hesitate to reply to this ticket via the member centre or by calling us on 0800 432 0200. We are open between 9am and 9pm Monday – Friday and 9am – 5:30pm Saturdays.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
There were no missed calls on either the Landline or Partners Mobile.
10:16am, Monday 4 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

[INTERNAL] Check orders are progressing OK in the next 48 hrs.

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 6th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
1:38pm, Tuesday 5 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

OR0000011324735

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support
Moving in day is the next day so we have been very busy packing and checking things, but as we have not had a phone call we assume everything is in the experts hands
1:38pm, Tuesday 5 Nov 2019
[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations
2:25pm, Tuesday 5 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

Good afternoon.

I tried to call today but was unable to get hold of you or leave a voicemail.

I was calling regarding your change of address with us. After reviewing the previous orders placed for you buy my colleague I can see these have been cancelled again by our suppliers.

I apologise for this.

I have replaced these orders for you today and we'll keep a close eye on these new orders to make sure there are no future issues.

Please give us a call on 0800 432 0200 with any questions you have for us before we're next in touch.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
Kyle Tattersfield - CSC - CS Escalations
2:27pm, Tuesday 5 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

***INTERNAL***

Confirm orders committed:
4-814924606600
OR0000011331763

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 6th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:08am, Wednesday 6 Nov 2019
Question [ 195548070 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon. 
We now have the Keys to new Property. Openreach engineer is due Between 13:00-18:00, So at 12:45
Past experiences with Openreach had been good they were usually On time.  We head off to the new Property, Arriving at 12:49 We enter new property With her Brother and his wife, we give them a tour and they leave me waiting for Openreach, while they continue loading possessions into cars
 16:36 First call to Plusnet to enquire the status of the Engineer, We were told he could still turn up until 18:00 (We had no Gas or Electricity connected as yet so I was getting cold and suffering back pain with only a Bergan to sit on)🤧
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19:17 Second call to Plusnet This time we were informed that there was no engineer due to visit the property today as the order had been rejected. 😟 Getting very vexed at this point.
7:36pm, Wednesday 6 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

Thank you for your call today and please allow me to apologise that you were not aware that we had had some problems placing your orders and that your engineer would not be attending today.

As we discussed, once your order commits we will be able to confirm your new committed date and the next steps.

We will give you a call to advise you of your committed date as soon as we receive the information from Openreach. If you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
1:15pm, Thursday 7 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your call today, it was great speaking with you. As per our conversation, I am very sorry for the delays in your services activating in your new home. Moving forward, I can confirm that your Plusnet phone and broadband orders have not been committed by our suppliers, so I cannot provide you with an installation as off yet. However you should receive a text and email in the next 24 working hours with a confirmed installation date.

This is because when our orders are placed, it takes 48 hours for them to be built on the system, and for us to receive a confirmed engineer installation date.

If you have any questions then please let us know by replying to this ticket through the Member Centre link below or giving us a call on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200 and we will be happy to help.

Plusnet Member Centre:

https://www.plus.net/my.html

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to set up your Plusnet router:

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/

If you have forgotten your account password, you can reset this on the link below:

https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: We have sent you an email to discuss your orders, thanks.]
1:17pm, Thursday 7 Nov 2019
*** INTERNAL ***

OR0000011331787
4-814924606600

This Question is now on hold until Friday 8th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
7:08am, Friday 8 Nov 2019
Question [ 195548070 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
11:52am, Friday 8 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNNNN,

Good Morning NNNNNNN,

Thank you for your time on the the phone today,

Summary:

The orders where stuck on the system, after talking with our suppliers they have pushed the orders along and the next update will be on Monday the 11/11/19,

We will contact you when we have an update,

If you have any questions please call 0800 432 0200
Or
Via the member centre https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

11:53am, Friday 8 Nov 2019
Please call customer once update is required

This Question is now on hold until Monday 11th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

7:07am, Monday 11 Nov 2019

10:46am, Monday 11 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

Thank you for your time on the phone.

Again I am sorry for the issues you have experienced thus far.

I have spoken to the supplier who have advised by the end of the day today we should have confirmed date and time for your engineer appointment.

As discussed once your house move is complete we will be in touch to look to resolve your complaint on the account.

Thank you for your patience.

This Question is now on hold until Monday 11th November at 5:00pm.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

4:33pm, Monday 11 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNNNNN,

Good afternoon, thanks for your call today.
To confirm what we've discussed, as a result of the issues we've had getting your services connected, I've contacted Openreach to get the order expedited. They have advised me that your order is now appointed for the 13th of November between 8am & 1pm, appointment reference number: 6B0617AFR.
To ensure this all gets sorted, I'll check back in for you tomorrow to ensure this is amended in Openreach systems. If you have any queries or concerns then please reply to this ticket at http://contactus.plus.net or you can give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Hi there, thanks for your time. To confirm, your appointment has been amended for the 13th of November between 8am & 1pm, and I'll check back in to ensure that Openreach have sorted this for you tomorrow morning. If you have any concerns, give us a call on 08004320200 - Will @ Plusnet]
4:33pm, Monday 11 Nov 2019
4:45pm, Monday 11 Nov 2019
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 13th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
2:38pm, Tuesday 12 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNNNNNNNNNN,

Good afternoon, thank you for taking my call.
To confirm what we've discussed, although the advisor that I spoke to yesterday who had expedited the order had placed the request correctly, Openreach's internal system turned it back & changed the committed date back to the 22nd of November. In order to rectify this issue, the agent I've spoken to today has sent the new request to a member of their back-end team to try and ensure that the new appointment of the 14th of November between 8am & 1pm commits correctly.
I will keep my eye on this and keep you updated once I see changes later today. If you have any queries or concerns then please reply to this ticket at http://contactus.plus.net or you can give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

2:38pm, Tuesday 12 Nov 2019
7:08am, Wednesday 13 Nov 2019
Your Response
5:30pm, Wednesday 13 Nov 2019
4:42pm, Sunday 27 Oct 2019 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Dear Mr NNNNNN,

Thank you for contacting us and taking our service at your new address. The information below is what we will use to stay in contact with you and to place your order for the move of service and we will do all we can to make it as hassle free as possible.

# HOUSE MOVE #
House: XXXXXXXX
Street: XXXXXXXXXXX
Town / City: XXXXXXXX
County: XXXXXXXX
Postcode: XXX XXX

Line status at new property: New Line Installation
**SNIP superfluous information**
Current Contract Start Date: 10-May-2019
Current Contract End Date: 09-May-2021
Current Cancellation Costs: £220.59 (these only apply if the house move does not complete and you cancel your account)

THIS is becoming a farce.
I'm beginning to think it would be easier to switch provider
5:47pm, Wednesday 13 Nov 2019
Dear Mr NNNNNNNN,

Good Afternoon,
We apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused,your appointment for today has been rejected however i have spoken to our suppliers and got this expedited for you,A engineer will be arriving anytime between 8am-1pm on Friday the 15th Please be aware if the appointment is missed there will be a £65 charge, if you would like to change the appointment date we will need a minimum of 48 working hours’ notice.

Should you have any problems, please do get in touch, you can call us on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
Internal-Appointment date:6b3cbfefr

5:50pm, Wednesday 13 Nov 2019
This Question is now on hold until Friday 15th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
The main reason I am posting this as a warning to anyone thinking of moving and retaining Plusnet as ISP.
Do research, ask yourself Is it worth the aggravation?
My partner was recently diagnosed with Cancer and needs to book appointments for treatment,  She is also on long term medication for Anxiety and has Heart problems(one of the main reasons for moving) so needs to order medication online.  I feel totally let down by Pussnet.
**Edited to disguise anger and frustration**

Moderators Note: CSA name removed as per Forum rules

3 REPLIES 3
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Moving home or office, Think very carefully !

I suspect unfortunately, many will take one look at your post and because of the formatting and length will think tl;dr and move on just as I have...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hello,

A warm welcome to the forums. I can understand your frustration here ... however having read your long post in detail I cannot see any reference to PlusNET having done anything wrong.

This appears to be a new build issue and BT Openreach are notorious for installing new lines on new build developments. Openreach supply service for all ISPs and therefore there is every likelihood that your experience would have been the same with any other ISP.

I would agree on being cautious in a service move with Plusnet is when it is to a property where Openreach have only installed FTTP networks. At present Plusnet do not have full access to FTTP services.

I hope Openreach get an act together quickly and deal with the issues within THEIR systems which have caused orders for your new property to be repeatedly closed. The Openreach business model is very broken and not fit for purpose - if a placed order cannot be fulfilled because of their own difficulty they do not fix the issue and progress the order; instead they cancel it and ask the ISP to fix the Openreach systems issues through other processes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @AmBush2k ,

I am deeply sorry to hear of your experience and for the inconvenience this has caused. I can assure you this is not the level of service we pride ourselves on and nor is it in keeping with our values.

We can see that the order has been expedited to complete tomorrow, please could you get back to us when you are connected and we will discuss the overall experience at that point.

Once again I would just like to express how sincerely sorry we are for any inconvenience this has caused.

Moderators Note: User tag fixed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team