cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and unable to speak on the phone because of disablities

Ametha

Moving home and unable to speak on the phone because of disablities

I am moving home next week. I tried talking with somebody on plusnet chat to arrange my move. Unfortunately I was told I can only arrange moving my service over the phone! So I try and explain my situation to them. I cannot talk on the phone because I have serious speech difficulties and mental and physical disabilities. I actually cannot talk! trying to speak is painful, and no sound comes out. Apart from maybe a whisper if I really try and push hard.
I was also told my support worker cannot call plusnet and inform them of my move. Even tho she has my full consent to act on my behalf. 
I really think plusnet should provide an alternative method for communicating home movies for people in my situation. Arranging a home move should not be this complicated. and I dont understand why information about my move, and preferred method of communication cannot be passed on to your home move team. Or, even better, have one of your home move team talk with me via chat or email. I like dont understand why my support worker cannot call on my behalf either. Doesnt make sense to me.
I'm kinda sad and frustrated over this. Plusnet has always been amazing with me.

Amy
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Moving home and unable to speak on the phone because of disablities

Hi Amy,
I have sent you a PM. Hopefully I can help.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Ametha

Tysm Matty.
I got your PM and replied.  Smiley
Amy
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46