cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house and seriously regretting staying with PN :(

gavin11
Dabbler

Moved house and seriously regretting staying with PN :(

After moving away from my "BT only" exchange into a town which had the option of  BT or TalkTalk on LLU, I decided to just stick with "good old Plusnet". Now I am seriously wondering if I made the right choice!!!
Before the move, I phoned PN support as you apparently can't ask for a house move request through a ticket, and it all seemed to go quite well. The lady suggested I take Home Phone at the same time, which I did. I also changed package from PN Unlimited to PN Extra, as I didn't need to extra bandwidth anymore.
Now... after a lengthy phone call to my old phone line provider (BT) it's apparent that PN has not only activated Home Phone at my new addess but "ALSO" on my OLD address in a house I no longer live in!!
Ok... take a breath, easy mistake to make right?..... so I raised a new ticket and asked them to cancel the Home Phone on my OLD line as I didn't live there any more. They did so, however they canceled my NEW Home Phone and on checking with BT once more. confirmed the old one still active.
It's frustrating, as I made the emails as clear as I possibly could, yet can't seem to get such a simple thing handled properly now. I've been on the phone to BT for over an hour over the two occasions I have tried to cancel my old line.
They have unhelpfully advised me to contact OFCOM if I get nowhere with PN as it's apparently "out of their hands". Seems crazy considering Plusnet had nothing to do with my old line and I never asked them to do anything to it apart from remove the broadband from it.
I'm sure it'll eventually be fixed (???) but this is really so annoying and the last thing I needed when moving house, which is already pretty stressful.
I'm surprised BT didn't take the chance to try and get my business... actually quite impressed they didn't even think to ask Smiley
<end rant>

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moved house and seriously regretting staying with PN :(

Hi gavin11,
I've just been picking over the details of this one and can indeed see that an order was erroneously placed on the old line on 24/1/11, however according to BT systems that was cancelled on 3/2/11. I'm sorry for any distress or confusion this hay have caused you.
Glad to hear the move went smoothly otherwise and that you seem to be using the service OK at the new address.
Please reply to me if BT are still unable to close the line down but as mentioned the order was cancelled as soon as we picked up on the mistake, I'm just sorry that no-one foresaw how it might affect you so that we could at least give you some prior warning when contacting BT.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: gavin11
They did so, however they canceled my NEW Home Phone

Has this been reinstated Adam?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Glad to hear the move went smoothly otherwise and that you seem to be using the service OK at the new address.

Yes
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team