cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from Sky on Tuesday 28th Feb. PlusNet is slower and the WiFi less stable - any ideas?

homebroadband
Hooked

Moved from Sky on Tuesday 28th Feb. PlusNet is slower and the WiFi less stable - any ideas?

Hi All,

We are new customers, to say things are off to a bad start would be an understatement. Our speed this evening is 0.96 Mb/s (see attached) when according the USwitch speed test and what we used to get with Sky it should be 17 Mb/s.

To add to our misery the Wi-Fi keeps dropping out on multiple devices randomly, the call line was reporting a half hour wait and the online chat was disabled. Sky we could call and get someone within 5 minutes.

Is this what life is like as a Plunet customer or are they just having a bad week?

Who do you guys complain to, where do you leave reviews and how do you get in contact with a human working at Plusnet? Any advice gratefully received.

8 REPLIES 8
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Moved from Sky on Tuesday 28th Feb. PlusNet is slower and the WiFi less stable - any ideas?

There are a number of PN staff who respond to posts on this forum; they look into, take ownership of, and resolve issues even when they are not at work, (and in at least one case when they are on annual leave).  I'm sure one of them will reply to your post tomorrow (Tuesday).

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Moved from Sky on Tuesday 28th Feb. PlusNet is slower and the WiFi less stable - any ideas?

Hi there @homebroadband

I'm really sorry to hear you're having speed problems. I'll be happy to take a look into things tomorrow for you.

Struggling to locate your account... please can you private message me with your Username?

Thanks.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@homebroadband wrote:

Is this what life is like as a Plunet customer or are they just having a bad week?

Who do you guys complain to, where do you leave reviews and how do you get in contact with a human working at Plusnet? Any advice gratefully received.

30 minutes is actually better than what it usually is when trying to contact plusnet.
the online chat may show as unavailable if you have adblockers installed - you would need to disable them.

homebroadband
Hooked

Thanks Jonpe, Anoush has replied and I have now sent him a private message with our account details. I will wait and see what the cause is and if it can be resolved.

homebroadband
Hooked

Thanks chencks76, while a thirty minute wait being good is not great news at least it sets expectations. I do not have an adblocker installed but do use a browser that is pretty locked down. My wife will try with an alternative browser this evening and see if that gets the chat functionality working once we log into the Plusnet portal.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

If your browser is blocking the Chat stuff it should show a message letting you know that the chat module is blocked (this is something I put in place a few months ago).

I would recomend that you use Firefox or Chrome for it though as those browsers are quite reliable when using the chat functionality. Older versions of Internet Explorer might not work.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thank you for your private message @homebroadband

I've tested your line and I'm not able to detect a fault. Your connection from your exchange to your router is stable, in sync at 16 Mbps.

If the problem just occurs over WiFi, can you log into your router settings at http://192.168.1.254 and try changing the wireless channel to see if that helps?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
homebroadband
Hooked

Hi jaread,

@jaread83 wrote:

If your browser is blocking the Chat stuff it should show a message letting you know that the chat module is blocked (this is something I put in place a few months ago).

I would recomend that you use Firefox or Chrome for it though as those browsers are quite reliable when using the chat functionality. Older versions of Internet Explorer might not work.

Hi jaread,

We were not having any trouble with the chat functionality in this forum, it was the chat functionality in the Plusnet customer portal that was showing as unavailable to us last night.

This forum has been brilliant so far.