cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor irritation in Home Page "Legal" section

Estragon
Rising Star

Minor irritation in Home Page "Legal" section

If you go into "Here's the legal bit" on the home page the first bullet point has for some time been:-
• This offer is available to new Plusnet customers signing up from plus.net between ....
One of two alternative things is wrong.
It either means "... signing up online ...", or it means "... signing up to Plusnet ...".
I find it hard to believe the offers are only available to online signups, and I doubt if many non-customers would pick up on the subtle difference between Plusnet and plus.net.
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Minor irritation in Home Page "Legal" section

Hi Estragon,
This isn't saying that the offers are different if you call us or if you sign up online. It's to make it clear that other offers on 3rd party sites may differ to the ones we offer on our website.
Sorry for any confusion though!
TORPC
Grafter

Hi Linn
Can you ask them to word it, in a more legible / self explanatory way to avoid such confusions in the future
Estragon
Rising Star

Thanks Linn :).
That doesn't solve the problem of it being unclear though. To me it reads as I said before.
I understand what you are saying, but agree with TORPC it needs rewording. Though to be honest I expect the only reason people read that line is to check the end date.
Perhaps something like:-
• This offer is available to new Plusnet customers signing up from this site or by phone between .... ?