cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Code

Alansc

Migration Code

I called the cancellations team on Thursday for a Migration code and was told that it could take between 3 hours and 5 days to receive it. Now i know its policy across the board to state it can take up to a maximum of 5 working days and its only just been 3 since i asked for it but there are a couple of things i'd like to clarify......firstly it states in help centre:-
5. Can I get a key immediately?
Yes. Just give our Cancellations Team a call on 0845 140 6002. Lines open 9.00am-9.00pm , Monday to Friday. We'll then be able to give you one over the phone.
Why didn't i receive one over the phone? I know i sound impatient and as if im just moaning but i don't fancy a protracted fight to receive the code when i only have a limited time to qualify for a deal with the new provider.
The other thing that i'd like to mention is in the 'My Questions' section there are a couple of answers by a [CSA Name Removed]  i can't remember if this is the person i spoke to on the phone but the first post is confusing
"Dear Mr Catherall,
The Customer has requested a MAC Code via a ticket route that is not the standard Help Assistant route for MAC code requests
Kind regards,
[CSA Name Removed]
The second is just a standard answer to a question that i can only guess was me asking for a MAC via the phone but does the first one mean i need to ask again?
I raised a question on Friday and it hasn't been answered so this along with the fact that the website tells me i could have got one over the phone, makes me a little bit paranoid that i will be put to the back of the queue and forgotten about. I can understand that people moving to another provider isn't the highest of priorities to a company, its just business....i'd just like to know that i'm not going to have to chase this up like a friend of mine did.
I work for moneysupermarket and was wondering whether it would be better if i asked for one through Plusnet contacts we have there?
Cheers
Alan
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim) Agents name removed as per forum rules
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Migration Code

Hi Alan,
I'm going to have a look and see if I can find out what's going on here for you and why you haven't yet received your MAC. I'll get back to you shortly and let you know what's going on, and of course supply your MAC.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alansc

Re: Migration Code

Thanks Chris that's really appreciated
Sorry about posting the person's name i didn't read the rules im afraid!
Cheers