cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member Centre

tomroberts

Member Centre

When is it going to be upgraded?  There is not any co-ordination between home phone and broadband settings.  The phone control panel seems tucked out of the way and in general the whole centre seems dated.
10 REPLIES 10
mal0z
Grafter

Re: Member Centre

I think it may be the growing product range hasn't been reflected in an integrated web site
there's more over at
http://www.pay-as-you-host.com/
http://www.just-the-name.co.uk/main.shtml
So  a major site redesign would be a good idea
tomroberts

I think you are right.  I have just added home phone and found access to it to almost be an after thought.
Some work in improving the overall look & feel, access to each account area and the tools needs some thought.  Dare I say it, but British Gas has recently overhauld their customer website and it is a lot more useable, some lessons could be learnt from it.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I can't understand exactly what your problem is. You go to Account Details and there you are, select Home Phone by the Icon or the Menu on the RHS. Go on by selecting the Tab that you want. You could even save a ShortCut to the tab you want to use most frequently.
The phone service is seperate from the Broadband service so I don't know what settings co-ordination you expect. I wouldn't expect any at all!
Edit: or want any!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As someone who does not use home phone, I don't want pages about my broadband connection cluttered up with irrelevant information!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mal0z
Grafter

I'm not taking sides !
but the PN home pages don't exactly announce that you get  an inclusive B/B & phone service - you need to click on "Find out more" to getthe bundles page.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

This would be better if it said "Phone and Broadband packages. As it stands it could mean unlimited Evening & Weekend VoIP calls.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mal0z
Grafter

Indeed - look at Talk Talks, Tiscalli,  home page, - the phone element takes just as much space
It's almost as if PN don't want to push the phone too much - or their BT bosses don't want them to !
I'm just waiting for PN to refresh the Business products and offer the phone  Grin
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Whilst you are right guys, it could be clearer a) Note 2 on the same page does take you on to Home Phone info and pages.
b) TalkTalk started as a Phone service - it still is, they added free broadband (in certain circumstances) so that's not surprising
c) this is really all OT as you are talking about the Home Page whereas the OP was talking about the Member Centre, 2 completely different things.
The Member Centre is something you only use once you are signed up to the services.
Lurker
Grafter

Although bizarrely you aren't actually a member of anything that I can make out - you are simply a customer.
I wonder why its called a member centre.
tomroberts

My main point was that if I want easy access to:
- broad band settings
- home phone settings
- a co-ordinated billing page (where it shows all of my features active and my monthly bill)
- my user / personal details
At present most of this is lumped under broadband.  What should happen is a stove piped service that adds pipes if you buy, for example the home phone.
Also it looks a bit dated as is not the most intuative way around.  PlusNet did state that they were going to upgrade the member centre in 2009 in their press release about plans for '09/'10.